PDA

View Full Version : Life Changes Quickly .. UPDATE .. REPOST

Ken Wright
03-11-2003, 5:27 PM
I've been trying to post an update but somehow the best I've done is to fire a blank. One more try!!

We met with the Surgeon yesterday. The tumor is self contained in the colon, the catscan showed that it had not spread as did the tumor marker blood test ... no tumor enzymes in the blood ... in fact the test results were well below normal for that test.

The Surgeon told us that there is no rush to do the surgery. Because the tumor was so large, the colonscopy could not pass beyond the tumor so he is not sure if there are other polyps beyond that point. He's not concerned about finding another mass because the catscan would have shown that but he does want to make sure that if there are more polyps beyond that point that he makes certain that he gets them and leaves a clean colon. So, a barium xray has to be done on Thursday so that he can "expeditiously locate any other polyp without going on a fishing trip while Sandra is under anesthesia". But .. the surgery will be the morning of March 25.

Sandra sat at the computer on Sunday night and read each of the 71 posts that you folks left for us .... she was amazed that so many people that she had never met would take the time to leave so many expressions of encouragement and concern. Her comment was ... "these are good Folks" ... and I echo that to each of you.

We're very fortunate and very blessed ... to have such good news and so many people that care. Thanks to each of you!

Von Bickley
03-11-2003, 5:32 PM
We will continue to keep you both in our prayers. Please keep us up-dated on Sandra's Progress.

Bob Lasley
03-11-2003, 5:38 PM
That is certainly good news. I wish you the best and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Bob

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-11-2003, 5:45 PM
71 is the record number of Replies at the Creek. Tell Sandra she's a star. It's times like these that bring a Family close and that goes the same for a Community like the Creek.

I have 5 sisters and Brothers age 55-61. Since Bitsy developed breast cancer in October, our Family has grown much closer. We are spead out in Alabama, Tennesse & Arkansas. We now talk, by phone, once or twice a week instead of every other month.

Bitsy is Cancer free and our family is much closer. The emotions that cemented the Pond and resulted in such tearful good byes on February 28th were because We shared or joys and our sorrows.

Sawmill Creek Statistics prove We do love our Friends, Families and Dogs first. Woodworking is a distant forth. The News sounds good.

Tony Laros
03-11-2003, 6:09 PM
Good news, Ken. You and Sandra keep a positive outlook as you wait for the 25th! Keep us posted.

Tony

Bob Janka
03-11-2003, 6:14 PM
Ken,

You need to make that 72 best wishes for Sandra, you and all of your loved ones!

Here's another prayer that Sandra recovers quickly and completely. Having it localized is GREAT NEWS!

Cheers,
Bob Janka

Rod Peterson
03-11-2003, 6:18 PM
<br>
I've been frantic trying to read the <i>Update</i> post while the site was hiccupping. I'm glad to see that things are apparently not as dire as was first feared.

Of course I take all of these scares seriously as I lost my younger (only) brother at age 47 to a cancer that never should have been there, never should have been missed, and never shouldn't have been curable.

My own bout with pancreatitis (which I was scared would be pancreatic cancer, a death sentence, but wasn't) and then melanoma six months later just confirmed how easy these things can crop up and ruin your day.

Please count this as #72. Just because I didn't post on the other thread doesn't mean I wasn't having a thought for all of you.

Tony Falotico
03-11-2003, 6:23 PM
I am delighted to hear of the positive report from the Dr's. You will both remain on our daily prayer list. Keep us posted.
Tony.

Ted Shrader
03-11-2003, 6:25 PM
Ken and Sandra -

You are in my prayers (Including the doctor). I am sure there is healing in the future!

Ted

Howard Barlow
03-11-2003, 6:43 PM
That's a good report. We'll be praying for a great one to follow.

Chris McKimson
03-11-2003, 6:45 PM
Good news Ken,

I'll be hoping that everthing turns out positive for you and Sandra and the news continues to good.

Best wishes and keep us posted

Chris

Randy Coggin
03-11-2003, 6:57 PM
great news

I'll pass it along

Harvey Meyer
03-11-2003, 7:03 PM
But we'll still keep thinking about the both of you.

Harvey

John Miliunas
03-11-2003, 9:26 PM
Ken, Sandra, that's truly great news! The power of prayer and support of caring folks can indeed go a long, long way. You can count on the prayers and support to continue from all of us at the Creek!

Jim Stastny
03-11-2003, 9:31 PM
Very good to hear. Will continue to pray and expect more good news.

Bruce Page
03-11-2003, 9:32 PM
Ken, that's good news. Sandra will beat this!

Phil Phelps
03-11-2003, 9:32 PM
Thanks for the update, Ken. Sandra, we've never met, but I'm in your corner. You will triumph over this obstacle.

Cam.Hedrick
03-11-2003, 9:44 PM
Hi Ken and Sandra,
My LOML Juli and I have you in our prayers. I'll add it to the kids prayer list in the morning.
God Bless you both and protect you.
Cam:)

Tom Sweeney
03-11-2003, 10:16 PM
sounds like a positive report - we all will continue to keep you in our thoughts & prayers. It's a medical fact that a positive attitude & prayers, even from strangers around the world, are excellent defenses. Keep your chin up.

David Rose
03-12-2003, 5:33 AM
Though He doesn't always work them the way we desire, He does delight in giving us the desires of our hearts. Hang in there, lots of prayers are with you guys.

David

Jim Izat
03-12-2003, 7:34 AM
I'd like to add my own continued prayers to those already promised. Your wife sounds like a very strong woman, and I pray all will be well in the end.

Jim Izat