PDA

View Full Version : Inca Bandsaw?

Terry Sparks
08-17-2008, 4:04 PM
I came across a beatiful looking Inca bandsaw model 500 that includes: a 20" throat, 3 speeds, tilting table, 1.5 hp Baldor motor, handles blades from 3-20 mm in width, mitre guage, fence, depth stop, 7 blades, cabinet stand on casters for $500. I don't know much about these machines and just need to know what kind of deal this is for $500.00

Thanks

Kevin Adams
08-17-2008, 5:39 PM
Terry--

Inca equipment is extremely well made. The one catch is that they are no longer manufactured, although you can still get parts (if ever needed) from Eagle Tools in CA. When new, this saw with everything you mention would have retailed for somewhere from $1500-2000, so $500 is a very good deal provided it works well. It is a lighter duty saw (relative to a Laguna, Minimax, etc.), but more than makes up for its weight with its precision. In fact, I don't think you would ever find a comparable 20" saw in this power to weight ratio.

I'd recommend giving it a test (presuming you can see it) and if you're happy with how it works (it should run very smoothly), I think you have a good deal. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask or check out the Yahoo board on Inca tools. There are photos of other folks' tools there and you will find some posts on this particular saw.

groups.yahoo.com --> incawoodworking

Good luck,
Kevin

Hank Knight
08-17-2008, 8:46 PM
I sold mine for $1,000 4 years ago. It was in very good condition. I'd say $500 is a great deal. I'll echo Kevin's comment that the Inca is not as heavy duty as the Laguna, MM or other large, modern two wheel saws saws (I bought a Laguna LT18 for the greater resaw capacity) but it's a good saw.

Hank

Terry Sparks
08-18-2008, 1:42 AM
Thank you Kevin and Hank for your input about the saw, I now feel comfortable in making an offer for what appears to be a very nice, well taken care of bandsaw.

Thank you.

Terry

Jim Becker
08-18-2008, 9:03 AM
Terry my cabinetmaker neighbor (who is also a sculptural artist) has the Inca and it's a fine machine. Very high quality. It's actually a shame that they are no longer active in the market. If the saw is in good condition, it's a heck of a buy for the throat space, alone!

Don Bullock
08-18-2008, 9:22 AM
WOW! If I had the cash I'd jump at the deal if the saw is good condition. Great find!

Frank Drew
08-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Did Inca go out of business (like Ulmia), or just drop out of the American market?