PDA

View Full Version : Corel and Arcs

Howard Garner
08-17-2008, 12:31 PM
How do you draw an arc with a specified radius?
Looking at doing arc with a 36 inch radius or 72 in dia. And these need to be accurate.
Using Corel X3

Dave Marshall
08-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Draw a complete circle first and then size it to the diameter that you are needing. Then, using the shape tool, select the circle, select the node and then "trim" the circle to the arc that you needing.

Mike Null
08-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Try making a circle of the diameter you want; convert it to curves then use the knife tool to separate it in halves.

I think that will work.

Ed Bagley
08-17-2008, 1:51 PM
Make a circle of the diameter you need. Convert To Curves. Using Shape Tool - Right Click On Bottom and Two Center Nodes, Then Right Click On Those Nodes And Click On Break Apart (Pull Apart). Exact Arc.

Howard Garner
08-17-2008, 2:15 PM
Thanks,

Got the job done.
Corel is a pain to do this compare to a CAD program.

Howard

Jeff Bratt
08-17-2008, 2:46 PM
Just for reference - draw a circle. Then right-click and bring up the Properties menu. The Ellipse tab allows you to type in (numerically) the properties for an arc or pie section of the circle. Pretty much like a CAD program. (Assuming the newer versions are still arranged the same as my older version...)

Gary Hair
08-18-2008, 2:03 PM
Just for reference - draw a circle. Then right-click and bring up the Properties menu. The Ellipse tab allows you to type in (numerically) the properties for an arc or pie section of the circle. Pretty much like a CAD program. (Assuming the newer versions are still arranged the same as my older version...)

Great tip!!!