PDA

View Full Version : New Jointer, 'new' DC and garage sale mini-gloat

Kelly C. Hanna
05-02-2004, 6:27 PM
10 days ago I took delivery of a new jointer from Grizzly. A search of the classifieds turned up nothing used, so I called in an order and had the new jonter here in three days. I also found a used DC system here in town and quickly went to snap it up for the current project.

I decided to wait until I got through the jointing and glue-up process before I let the gloat out. I love my new jointer! I just finished gluing up 340 BF of Red Oak that I jointed on the new machine....all the difference in the world!

I also like the DC unit....perfect for my portable TS and the jointer. I'll have to upgrade later on, but for now, it's perfect.

For the garage sale 'mini gloat', I found a belt/disc sander for $20 today and it works great...also got another one that has been raided a bit for parts, but has the bed, two rollers and the body intact. It's been a good month for additions to the shop. Next up is a cabinet saw!

http://www.hannawoodworks.com/jointerdc.html

John Miliunas
05-02-2004, 7:51 PM
Congrats on the new toyls, Kelly! Always fun to acquire and put new tools into action, ain't it?! :D I've got the same jointer and it does a fine job. I bought it when I didn't have the room for a larger one, so an 8"-er is on the short list, but until then, the little guy has been working great! Have fun with all your new tools and be safe! :cool:

Frank Pellow
05-02-2004, 8:30 PM
Kelly, the jointer looks good and I am glad that it meets your expectations. I don't have a jointer, but one is high on my wish list.

Thats a really great set of pictures. With everything else that was going on, I am glad that you rembered to take them and furthermore that you took the time to organize them. I often forget to do so.

I will be happy when I can start to start threads about new tools rather than just about the building that I am going to house the tools in.

Brian Hale
05-02-2004, 8:40 PM
CONGRATS!!! I've heard real good things about the jointer and i have no doubt you'll be pleased with it.

Brian

Kelly C. Hanna
05-02-2004, 11:44 PM
It is good John...thanks for the 'toyls' word too! I love it!! Yes it's very fun...I can't wait till I get to the cabinet saw purchase...:D

Frank, I really enjoy your posts and pics...keep 'em coming. I'm glad to hear you like the pics...they take awhile to organize, but I think they are worth it, especially for those intersted in buying that certain tool.

I know two people here in Dallas who have this same jointer and they love it...hope mine gives me years of good service!!!;)

Jim Becker
05-03-2004, 9:10 AM
...thanks for the 'toyls' word too!
If my memory serves me, that's a Tyler-ism!

John Miliunas
05-03-2004, 9:24 AM
If my memory serves me, that's a Tyler-ism!

Yup, "toyls" is definitely Tylereese! :D Speaking of, where the heck's he been?! :confused: :cool: