PDA

View Full Version : Grub Control

Prashun Patel
08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Anyone have experience applying GrubEx? When's the right time to apply it? I think I missed the window (June-July?) I'm in New Jersey. Any help appreciated.

David G Baker
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Shawn,
I have never used GrubEx for grubs but I need to do something before too long because the skunks are digging a lot of holes in my lawn looking for them. They will dig 20 or 30 holes in one night.

Greg Just
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
I have used it in the past with great results. My neighbor didn't use it and the grubs stopped at the property line. I'm sure you can use it now, just make sure you water it in per the directions

Al Wasser
08-17-2008, 9:45 AM
Check with the Cooperative Extension Service in your area for the time to apply. If you don't have one, then find a good garden center as ask questions. If not applied at the right time you will do little good.

Dave Lehnert
08-17-2008, 9:55 AM
Time to apply will depend on your area. Here in Cincinnati now is the time. Call Scott's for time to apply in your area.

Lee Schierer
08-17-2008, 1:51 PM
I prefer Milky Spore for grubs. It kills the grubs, but isn't toxic to anything else. It also seems to last for several years.