PDA

View Full Version : Universal vl-200 - still supported?

Dmitriy Kumets
08-16-2008, 8:42 PM
Hello,
I've been trolling the forums for a little while and have found a used vl-200 25w for sale locally. It comes with the air/filter cart and an extra (1.5) lens which is very appealing to me. I'm wondering though if the vl-200's are still supported (can't find info on it on the universal website).
Having searched through the forums, it seems like some folks are encountering problems with them - hence support may be necessary. I may also need to upgrade the machine to a stronger laser (any idea on how much a 50w upgrade would run?)
Thank you in advance for any thoughts or advice you may have. I got pricing from epilog and gcc but haven't spoken to universal yet.
-Dima

Mike Mackenzie
08-18-2008, 3:32 PM
Dmitriy,

The Vl 200 is still supported the only real difference between the VL and the VLS was software and a few safety features.

You can not upgrade the VL-200 to a 50 watt the tube will not fit those systems can only use 30 watt tube max.

Dmitriy Kumets
08-19-2008, 1:35 AM
Thanks Mike!

That makes a lot of sense. I'm guessing that at my volume, the 25 watt should be enough (occasional leather engraving and vector

Sorry to bother but what would be an appropriate price for a vl-200 with the air cleaner cart?