PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit

Brian Brown
08-16-2008, 8:36 PM
Well, the LOML and I stopped to see Ken Fitzgerald in Lewiston Idaho today. Like he said in his post, he showed us how to turn a pen, and more importantly, how to use a skew. Now I will actually try it again. A little success goes a long way in the confidence department. That mustard monster was a bit of overkill for a pen, but what a nice lathe. Thanks again Ken, we're looking forward to seeing what you are able to make out of the box elder burl. We thoroughly enjoyed the morning.

It was also pleasure to meet Joel Sauder, and see his technique for a CA finish on a pen. Makes a great looking pen. He gave me a great looking walnut crotch blank, and I'm looking forward to seeing what I can make out of it. All in all, it made for a great Saturday! :)

Barry Stratton
08-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Congrats Brian, looks like a fun time!

And glad that YOU posted pics:D

Steve Schlumpf
08-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Brian - thanks for posting! Always good to hear when Creekers get together!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Brian,

The pleasure was mine and thanks for the box elder burl! I'll try to do justice to it! And maybe I'll remember, if I put it in DNA....:eek::rolleyes:

As I said several times, I can post here that I can use and enjoy my skew, but now I have two witnesses who can use a skew too! Sharp, sharp....get the right bevel angle, round those short point corners and practice!

Again, the pleasure was all mine.

Bernie Weishapl
08-17-2008, 1:33 AM
I wanna know who that hippie is in the white headband????:eek::D:rolleyes::cool:;)

Looks like fun was had by all.

Bob Hallowell
08-17-2008, 9:22 AM
Congrads creeker visit are the best!

Bob

Ken Fitzgerald
08-17-2008, 10:42 AM
I wanna know who that hippie is in the white headband????:eek::D:rolleyes::cool:;)

Looks like fun was had by all.

I'll own up to it Bernie....It's me.....Seems as if since my forehead started lengthening....I sweat more and the glasses get wet and I can't see.:rolleyes:

Steve Clardy
08-17-2008, 12:17 PM
Hippies in Idaho? :eek::eek::confused::confused::eek::eek:

Ken Fitzgerald
08-17-2008, 2:07 PM
Hippies in Idaho? :eek::eek::confused::confused::eek::eek:

Rednecks too Steve!

In the same body.......

Nothing worse!:eek::D:rolleyes:

Cody Colston
08-17-2008, 4:02 PM
A Redneck, Roughneck, Hippie and Turner all in one. What will they think of in Idaho next? :D

Ken, the shop looks awesome. That big Mustard lathe goes well with the Dust Gorilla. :)

Ken Fitzgerald
08-17-2008, 6:13 PM
A Redneck, Roughneck, Hippie and Turner all in one. :D

:)

This is Ken in Idaho......looking down.........shaking his head.....:D