PDA

View Full Version : Latest adaptation of the EZ system

Burt Waddell
08-15-2008, 3:16 PM
Attached are photos of my latest adaptation of the EZ System for woodworking. This application allows modules to be attached to the basic EZ Power bench to accomplish almost any woodworking task.

The power Bench fits in a small space and you can enjoy woodworking without going for that second mortgage.

What you are seeing here is a concept - an idea. We are just scratching the surface.

With all the interest shown in guide systems, I am presenting this so that others can share the idea. Even though I have used the EZ guide system, I'm sure that similiar applications could be made with other guide systems. I chose to present it in the general woodworking forum so that the maximum number of people could hear about the concept. Modules can be attached to almost any major free standing power tool.

A big plus for this system is the safety and ease of use that it has.

Here is a link to the photos. There is a brief description below each photo.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=drgivcf.8atised7&Uy=z18j3q&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=970918761650_605941813307&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Enjoy

Burt

Dale Sudhoff
08-15-2008, 3:25 PM
Great table. Can use this table in any number of ways.

Dale

Peter Quadarella
08-15-2008, 4:22 PM
That is an awesome table Burt. This is woodworking jigs brought to a whole new level! Will you be working on one that can brew me some coffee and scramble some eggs while I cut next? :D

Burt Waddell
08-15-2008, 4:40 PM
That is an awesome table Burt. This is woodworking jigs brought to a whole new level! Will you be working on one that can brew me some coffee and scramble some eggs while I cut next? :D

Peter,

Dino or Dik - I can't remember which - is working on that but I'm looking at the bar setup.

Burt

Dale Sudhoff
08-15-2008, 10:22 PM
Peter,

Dino or Dik - I can't remember which - is working on that but I'm looking at the bar setup.

Burt

Alright. First thing it needs to be stocked with is Ouzo so Dino will feel right at home.
Dale

Randal Stevenson
08-16-2008, 6:50 PM
I agree Burt is a genius on designing his shop setup. But LOL, My thought when I read the above posters comment, was, this is going to make me want to do some sort of redesign on MY shop.

I hope to get back to playing in it soon. No fun lately.
Thanks Burt, Dino.:D

Don Bergren
08-16-2008, 8:43 PM
I like the module approach. It looks like it would be very easy to store the modules under the table when not in use. That really does create a lot of tool in a small space.

The miter gauge idea is a great approach, and I like the module on the opposite end that can also be used for cutting things to length. I can see the advantage to using both; leave the miter gauge setup for the angle that you want and still be able to make quick straight (or other freehand) cuts on the other end.

So by using modules you are able to cut sheet stock and rips up to 48" or more, and without affecting that setup you can also make both straight and miter cuts. That's pretty useful for a lot of situations. More situations than one would think.

It's such a simple approach for the user (not easy to design I'm sure). These modules offer something for a lot of people. That's an approach I really like.

I need to spend more time looking at your pictures to really absorb it all, but I like what I've seen. Thanks for sharing your designs with us.

Dino Makropoulos
08-16-2008, 8:47 PM
I agree Burt is a genius on designing his shop setup.

Thanks Burt, Dino.:D

Thanks Randal.
This is the reason why one of the leading authorities in industrial design want to interview Burt.
They think that when ( not if ) students learn of Burt's easy way they will increase the interest
and the number of students in industrial designing.

Not only Burt is a genius...
Burt is the proof that Yankee ingenuity is alive.:cool:

( Edit to delete my responce to Randal who quoted a removed by the moderator) post.

Thanks for posting your thoughts Randal.

Bruce Page
08-16-2008, 9:06 PM
That's a slick setup Bert.
Thanks for sharing.

Jim Becker
08-16-2008, 9:11 PM
I like the module approach. It looks like it would be very easy to store the modules under the table when not in use. That really does create a lot of tool in a small space.

I agree...the modularity is probably the best feature of many great ones. Thoughtful and versatile design. Thanks for posting this, Burt.

Burt Waddell
08-16-2008, 9:49 PM
Thanks for all the kind remarks.

This is just a beginning. In the days to come, we'll see specialized modules for many purposes. One that I hope to get together soon is a module for raised panel doors. I'm sure Dino has several things in mind too.

All of us working together can make woodworking safe and EZ.

Burt

Dale Sudhoff
08-16-2008, 10:29 PM
This is what makes this system great. The only thing stopping a person is his imagination.

Dale

Dino Makropoulos
08-18-2008, 9:01 AM
This is what makes this system great. The only thing stopping a person is his imagination.

Dale

Dale,
Ouzo stops imagination.:rolleyes:
I hate Ouzo.:mad: :rolleyes:

Dale Sudhoff
08-18-2008, 9:42 AM
Dale,
Ouzo stops imagination.:rolleyes:
I hate Ouzo.:mad: :rolleyes:

Only if you have to much.:eek:;)'

Dale