PDA

View Full Version : Jet Deluxe Xacto dust question

Jay Yoder
08-14-2008, 9:31 PM
I have the new deluxe Xacto and was wondering if anyone out there has run into this. I was ripping some 5/4 rough oak tonight, (which is really the first extended use it has had) and i noticed that the sawdust was shooting straight out the front of the blade guard. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas of what to do to remedy this? I am running a new Freud Fusion blade and the Jet 1100 DC is hooked up too.

Jim Becker
08-14-2008, 9:33 PM
Is there collection on the guard? If not, you're going to get dust shooting out of it from off the top of the blade. Nature of the beast...and it doesn't matter how much DC you have going "down below". There will still be dust and chips coming off the top of the blade, and the thicker the material the more of it there will be.

Jay Yoder
08-15-2008, 9:41 PM
Jim,
Thanks for the reply. There is no over blade DC port on it, rather the guard is very similar to the PM2000. It consists of 3 pieces; 2 main side pieces and a "flapper piece right in front. What is happening is the dust shoots out the gaps to either side of flapper. Maybe the issue is how high i have the blade set. I know there are alot of different opinions. I first ran it with blade all the way up, then dropped in to about 3 teeth above top of wood, and that seemed to make it worse...any thoughts?