View Full Version : How to find guard/splitter for JET Contractor Saw?

George DeMartino
08-14-2008, 8:28 PM
I've now spent a few days on the web and on the phone trying to find/order an overhead blade guard and splitter for my JET 10" contractor saw, but have hit roadblock after roadblock. So I'm thinking I must be doing something wrong. Is there a quick, reliable way to find out what guard and splitter will work with my saw (JET Model Number JWTS-10)? I think I want to buy the Excalibur guard with a Merlin splitter, but the outlets I've called (including the manufactuer) aren't sure whether they'll fit (and if so, which particular model I need to order). I had the same problem a few days ago when I was trying to ascertain whether the Bessemeyer guard would work.

Thanks.

George

Norman Pyles
08-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Check out the "Shark guard".

glenn bradley
08-14-2008, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure why they're confused. The overarm will fit almost anything. A contractor saw may not support the arm mast without some help but the horizontal and the hood should be no problem.

The Merlin sticks up pretty high. Maybe some owners who use an overarm can comment. If it is too high and will interfere with your hood, look at the MJ Splitter. It works great with my hood.

George DeMartino
08-21-2008, 8:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. I read up on the Shark guards, and contacted Lee and ordered the guard and splitter that fits the JET. Looking forward to using it.

George