PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Platinum Mortiser: CS Follow Up

Peter Quinn
08-14-2008, 7:26 PM
Just had a nice phone call from Laguna CS rep checking to make sure my machine was meeting my expectations and offering to answer any questions or address any problems. On a practical note he answered the question can "Can the motor's rotation be reversed?". Answer is yes, its a Leeson motor under the chip shroud that can easily be reversed, and due to customer interest they are working on that as an option on future renditions. My FIL is an engineer for a commercial laundry with a fairly good proficiency with motors so I'm thinking I'll get him to wire in a reversing switch so I can use my right twist doweling its.

Cudo's to Laguna for checking up. At this point I'm pretty happy with the machine for the price. Having used a domino at work for the first time last week I'm impressed with that tool but not sorry I went this direction for my shop. Now if I could just get the Onsrud cutters that have been on back order for six weeks I'll be a happy little man!

richard poitras
08-14-2008, 10:53 PM
I sent Laguna a e-mail over a month ago about some information on this new Mortiser and haven’t heard anything form them … go figure!:rolleyes: