PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Another Festool, Yeah Baby!

Mike Shields
08-14-2008, 2:27 PM
Gotta love'em, Festool that is.

Been working on a slew of drawers, and the hand sanding was getting tedious (especially in the corners), along with all the fine dust particles. My Festool RO 125 (orbital) was just to big.

I thought about a downdraft table, but gave up on that due to "which one?"

I've got a CT22 vac, so a new sander would be easily implemented ($$) with my current tools.

I settled on the linear sander, LS 130. This unit has replaceable bases to allow for sanding different profiles. And it collects almost 100% of the dust! And because it's linear, it can get right into the corners.

Yeah, at $325 it ain't cheap, but as with all tools, "you get what you pay for".

That makes 6 Festools for me, and I'm extremely pleased with all of these purchases!

Ted Miller
08-14-2008, 3:22 PM
Mike, I have had the same sander for well over a year, and with all the profile pads it makes my life so easy. Paper last like no other due to the dust collection and I can get into any spot.

Not sure if you had the chance to try the RO 150 FEQ 6" sander, no more need to use my drum sander, with dual modes this thing will smooth anything out...

Mark Rios
08-14-2008, 3:49 PM
Yummy, green envy. :D

Congrats. Very cool.

Jim Becker
08-14-2008, 4:07 PM
The Linear is a very nice tool and quite handy for profile sanding and other "narrow" work. Congrats!

Mike Shields
08-14-2008, 4:13 PM
Not sure if you had the chance to try the RO 150 FEQ 6" sander, no more need to use my drum sander, with dual modes this thing will smooth anything out...

Man, that's all I need, someone else convincing me I need another Festool!

Sounds like another happy Festool owner!

Joe Scharle
08-14-2008, 4:59 PM
If you can hang on to it the, RO 150 FEQ 6" will cut down like a belt sander! And collect the dust.

Don Bullock
08-14-2008, 8:41 PM
Congratulations Mike. The LS 130 is the next Festool on my "must have" list. Like you I have the RO 125 and CT 22. They make a fantastic combination. I've also added a RS 2 at the end of July. I'm amazed at how well the CT 22 collects the dust.

Jeff Hallam
08-15-2008, 8:42 AM
I need a way to kill my ShopVac so that I can justify a CT22. I've heard vacuuming up gas does the trick ;). "Well honey If i'm going to buy a new vac I might as well splurge on the Festool"

Mike Shields
08-15-2008, 9:36 AM
I need a way to kill my ShopVac so that I can justify a CT22. I've heard vacuuming up gas does the trick ;). "Well honey If i'm going to buy a new vac I might as well splurge on the Festool"

You can use the justification that the dust collection on the CT and associated tools is unparalleled. Using a HEPA filter, it collects down to .3 micron. What other dust collection can even come close to matching that? And the fact that it's portable, you can take it in the house when working on projects, and save the wife from having to dust the house!

But be warned, after you've got the CT, then you'll have half the reason to buy their TS 55 plunge circ saw, and then one of their plunge routers!
Both are very good (not excellent) at dust collection. Throw in a guide system, and you'll safely (and cleanly) be knocking down sheet goods.

The best money I've ever spent!

Jason Whelehon
08-15-2008, 10:18 AM
YWhat other dust collection can even come close to matching that?

My lungs?

I'm so ready to jump in the Festool club I'm just short a lot of Benjamins:(:(....

Don Bullock
08-15-2008, 11:26 AM

I just showed the LOML how little sanding dust I was bringing into the house so I still have my ShopVac too.;):D