PDA

View Full Version : NBM Indianapolis Show

Mike Null
08-14-2008, 1:10 PM
The NBM show--Awards, printwear, signs is coming up from Sept 4-6 with the 3rd reserved for seminars.

I normally attend this show as it's close and they have a pretty good number of suppliers for a regional show.

http://www.nbm.com/shows/?PHPSESSID=a65ca25c0aff65bda6b3b2aef96bad5a

Angus Hines
08-14-2008, 1:13 PM
Hey Mike think we can get a forum just for show and events ??? It would be nice to have all this info in one place. So someone could go there and see whats going on near them during any given time?

Just a thought !:D

Mike Null
08-14-2008, 1:21 PM
Angus

Not a bad idea but a lot of times this is the only forum I visit. We'll have to see what the rest of the members, mods and the boss think.

We have some very informative general forums now such as classifieds that work well.

Keith is always looking for input to improve SMC so don't be bashful.

Michael Kowalczyk
08-14-2008, 1:57 PM
Maybe a sticky note at the top like the "Engraver's and CNC member's list".

The one hard thing is we are WORLD WIDE, so who is going to police the world for events and shows? ahah Maybe just like the list people can submit info and a moderator can arrange them by date, area, and have a link for more info. I think most of the trade mags have this info in the back but I am sure many here do not subscribe to them even though most are FREE!!!!!!!! to qualified subscribers.

You have to announce the event far enough in advance so people can plan their trip, get fights, hotels, car rentals, etc.. if needed. Also make sure that they can leave their shop/store/home or where ever they have their business for those dates and that nothing conflicts with it.

Angus Hines
08-14-2008, 3:01 PM
Or even simpler would be to stick them in the calender feature instead of having just B-Days in there.
It could be added to by those with calender posting privileges as these dates show up.
Just thinking outloud again.:eek:

martin g. boekers
08-14-2008, 3:10 PM
I'm planning on going. I went last year it wasn't too bad of a show. I liked have the awards with signage and printwear together it gave a good overview.

Maybe we ought to start a thread to see who is going and maybe meet up for a happy hour.

What do you think?

Marty

Michael Kowalczyk
08-14-2008, 4:51 PM
Or even simpler would be to stick them in the calender feature instead of having just B-Days in there.
It could be added to by those with calender posting privileges as these dates show up.
Just thinking outloud again.:eek:

Hey Angus,
Heard you all the way over hear;). Sounds like an option. Still would have to be moderated and ... I'll be right back. going to look at the calendar B4 I type...
OK I looked at the calendar, 4 the 1st time, and see that it could get pretty crowded fast. But if the same format of the Engraver's and CNCer's list was used, so that you could do it by region, category, educational/training, marketplace, etc... You could even use color coded text to indictate to whom it would appeal to. For example: Laser=Red, CNC=Blue, General Woodworking=Brown or maybe that would complicate it. Just thinking of my contact management programs that allow for priorities by color. You can look at it quick and see if anything applies to you at a glance or choose to look at them in more depth.

Mike Null
08-14-2008, 5:56 PM
I am always up for a happy hour.

Michael Kowalczyk
08-14-2008, 6:31 PM
Here is an excellent format I just found in one of my emails:

http://www.iswonline.com/Calendar/tabid/71/Default.aspx?month=8&year=2008&day=1

It has both listings and a calendar.