PDA

View Full Version : Soap

Bill Morrison
08-14-2008, 1:51 AM
Did you ever have one of those times when you wondered about lasering something and how it would turn out.
I thought it was going to cut it, instead it bubbled up and the lettering was raised.
Bill

Frank Corker
08-14-2008, 5:11 AM
Hi Bill, I have to be honest and say that I did this about a week after I got my machine, you know..... 'give it a go'. I got the same results, raised and not sunken which at first had suprised me. I mentioned it to a friend of mine and he said, "Haven't you ever microwaved a piece of soap?" - the result apparently is quite spectacular. I didn't try that though, I try to keep away from soap, it makes you smell nice. :D

Angus Hines
08-14-2008, 9:26 AM
That looks just like the piece of Chicken I did a couple of weeks back.

David Brasfield
08-14-2008, 9:35 AM
That looks just like the piece of Chicken I did a couple of weeks back.

What happened to its head, wings and legs? That must have been a weird looking piece of chicken :D

David

Angus Hines
08-14-2008, 9:42 AM
NO wingz or head just breast

What happened to its head, wings and legs? That must have been a weird looking piece of chicken :D

David

Frank Corker
08-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Ah yeah but does it taste as good??????? huh???? huh??????

Bill Morrison
08-14-2008, 8:07 PM
I guess I will have to see what happens when you microwave soap. I figured if I made something nice on the soap my wife would want to save it and not make me use it

Bill

John Barton
09-11-2008, 7:49 PM
When we got our Universal we did smiley faces out of baloney. Looked cute - tasted horrible.

Another interesting thing about soap though. We use it on leather and wood to mask with - get the bar a little wet and make the surface pasty then rub the soap paste on to the piece and laser away. Then just wash the soap residue off and you have a clean piece.

Bill Morrison
09-11-2008, 9:46 PM
You can get the soap wet? Won't that make it go away? Seriously, going to have to try your idea about masking with it. The soap is still sitting there, makes a good conversation piece.
Bill

John Barton
09-11-2008, 10:01 PM
You can get the soap wet? Won't that make it go away? Seriously, going to have to try your idea about masking with it. The soap is still sitting there, makes a good conversation piece.
Bill

Lol - just make the surface pasty and then you can rub the soap scum on the piece.

I really like what you did though - would be cool to give away some "custom" soap - cheap too :-)