PDA

View Full Version : Just a little gloat

Dick Parr
05-01-2004, 3:40 PM
In the weekend doings I said I wanted to get the wolverine jig by Oneway and a bowl gouge. I did a little better by going to an estate sale today. :D I didn’t know it started yesterday and I guess I missed a bunch of gouges and other stuff they had. The man that died last month really was into woodworking. They sold 3 lathes, 2 table saws, still have 2 drill press's and a shaper. They still have an 8" jointer that they wanted to much for and a dust collector. Next month they are having a wood sale. The topside 2 car garage is full of the good stuff I was told. I picked up a piece of the junk that was down stairs.

I got a wolverine jig new still in the box, but they had no extras with it. :( One almost new 3/8” Crown bowl gouge, a new Nova dovetail chisel, a 1/2” diamond point scraper, a new diamond grinding wheel stone, a Woodhaven jig for drilling shelf holes and 2 files all for $71. :D Oh ya included in this was 1 piece of walnut 2"x7"x7' for $8. :D I almost felt bad about it but I had the stuff pilled up on a table while I was looking around and they sold 4 Taylor gouges I had in the pile when I was in the other room. I couldn't catch the guy he was moving so fast. :mad: I still think I did ok. ;)

I set the jig up and touched up the tools already and it works like a charm. I might have to try some bowls tomorrow. :p