PDA

View Full Version : Poll: would you be interested in a step by step build of the last Humidor.

Bill Wyko
08-13-2008, 3:14 PM
I'm wondering if you all would be interested in this. A step by step build of the latest Humidor using the Incra fence system as well as 30 or so other tools. I did it on FOG and it took hours. (My computer skills aren't exactly 100%) It will have pictures along with a description of that step. The one on FOG has 99 pictures. If you all want it I'll get started asap. BTW this will also make a nice jewelry box.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=89875

Dewey Torres
08-13-2008, 3:24 PM
From the looks of the poll, you better get busy on that tutorial Bill:D

Dan Lee
08-13-2008, 3:26 PM
Abolutely. You have a very good minds eye for design and combining woods.

gary Zimmel
08-13-2008, 3:35 PM
One more yes vote. Can't wait to see it Bill.

Larry Fox
08-13-2008, 3:43 PM
Bill - I would also like to see this. Your stuff definitely exhibits craftsmanship that is on a different plane than mine.

Also, not sure that your choices are mutially exclusive. You may indeed be nuts .... but you sure build a mean humidor and I want to see the process. :)

Ed Sallee
08-13-2008, 4:00 PM
I've been waiting since I first saw the project!!!

Jason Whelehon
08-13-2008, 4:02 PM
I'd even like something more simple than this project!

Bill Wyko
08-13-2008, 5:51 PM
Ok I'll try to get started by this weekend. The one on FOG took me 10 hours but I can do it much easier this time around. Who knows, maby I can earn a sticky.:D

Cary Falk
08-13-2008, 6:16 PM
Bring it on!!!!!!! I always love to see projects with progress pictures. I may never make the project but it often gives me ideas on how to do things on other projects.

Bill Wyko
08-13-2008, 9:00 PM
I got a good start today. I'll continue tomorrow. It's in my Album if you want to see the progress.:)

Dan Lee
08-13-2008, 9:54 PM
I got a good start today. I'll continue tomorrow. It's in my Album if you want to see the progress.:)

Thanks Bill

Bill Wyko
08-14-2008, 7:09 PM
I just noticed the pictures are in reverse order. Is there any way to "Flip Flop":D the order of the pictures?

Bill Wyko
08-14-2008, 11:32 PM
Sorry no progress today. Phones & internet out from a storm last night. The down side of having all in one service provider. This computer has no card slot. I'll try to wrap it up tomorrow. If no one has A way to reverse the photos, you'll have to read it backwards.:cool:

David Cramer
08-15-2008, 7:24 AM
Thanks Bill, yes I'm interested and it is extremely generous of you to share all that you do:). Kudos for doing so!

David

p.s. I'm nowhere near you level, but it's still fun see how you do it.

Justin Leiwig
08-15-2008, 10:21 AM
I was bored at work, so I've got your tutorial into a PDF. I'm waiting to finalize it to see if you add anything else to it. It seems you stopped short of finishing the hinges and showing how you completed the inside. If you want I can send it to you how it is Bill, or wait for the missing parts? It will be a lot easier on you than typing it all out again. PM me and let me know Bill either way.

Bill Wyko
08-15-2008, 3:42 PM
Thanks Justin. Did you get it from the gallery at www.festoolownersgroup.com (http://www.festoolownersgroup.com) or from here? Either way let me know and I'll finish the post on the hinges. I think my battery died that night. Thanks and I'll get on it asap.

Justin Leiwig
08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Thanks Justin. Did you get it from the gallery at www.festoolownersgroup.com (http://www.festoolownersgroup.com) or from here? Either way let me know and I'll finish the post on the hinges. I think my battery died that night. Thanks and I'll get on it asap.

I copied your gallery from FOG. I checked today and nothing else has been posted. Thanks!