PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen these guys?

Tom Bull
08-12-2008, 8:23 PM
Cindy and I went to Branson, MO (quite a place if you have never been there, you should try to see it. Probably more musical talent per square mile than anywhere else.) and ran across this place. They have a huge store there with 3 lasers on site and apparently have some big industrial type machines at the home location in Ohio. They also have a lot of cnc routers, etc. Impressive selection, quality, and price.
http://www.pgrahamdunn.com/home.php?cat=339

Mike Null
08-12-2008, 9:10 PM
They are a customer of mine and are in an expansion mode.

They also sell to Christian Book stores in addition to having their own stores.

They are located in the north east part of the state in Amish country.

John Bowden
08-13-2008, 2:10 PM
And nothing says Amish like a CO2 laser...

Brian Robison
08-13-2008, 3:03 PM
It's probably a horse drawn laser.:cool:

Frank Corker
08-13-2008, 3:17 PM
With their issues with electricity are we right in assuming then that the stuff we see is actually your work Mike?

Mike Null
08-13-2008, 4:32 PM
I wish it were my work. I didn't say they were Amish. But I can remember back in the late 50's the Amish outside of Columbus (actually Plain City--a town most appropriately named) had Oliver tractors (diesels) that were nearly 2 stories tall. They keep up with technology within their limits.

Tom Bull
08-13-2008, 8:09 PM
Mennonite is sort of Amish "lite". They use modern technology, but keep their lifestyle simple. Like most churches there are a lot of sects. The group that was near where I lived were sort of strict and required that their cars be painted black, even the chrome which was hard to keep that way. They wore clothes with no snaps because they were worldly, only buttons or tie strings. No belts, only suspenders. The women wore long dresses with sleeves that covered the elbow because it was indecent to expose one's elbows. The married men did not shave, but grew long beards. Once you got past all of the rules they were very friendly, kind, hard working folks...but I always had a feeling they wanted to convert me. At that time I was not interested in anything about God, especially if it meant no snaps.