PDA

View Full Version : Today I turned the 2 prettiest and most expensive pens I've turned yet.....GRRRRRRR!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-12-2008, 3:00 AM
I ordered some Berea American Filagree pens from Arizona Silhouette. Turned one out of amboyna burl and one of zircote. GRRRRRR!

Dummy...that's me......some how managed to screw up the mechanisms in both of them...one I know how I did it and the other I don't have a clue. Anyway ....they are gorgeous pens......they just don't work.....that's kinda like saying your new Corvette looks beautiful.....It just doesn't run.....:o:o:o:mad:

My wife wanted me to do some computer work for her tonight. I convinced her to wait until tomorrow!

Don Eddard
08-12-2008, 5:15 AM
No pics, didn't happen.

So I guess you're off the hook.

Steve Trauthwein
08-12-2008, 7:12 AM
Ken,

Are these 7mm pens? You can buy the mechanisms and replace them.

Regards, Steve

Gary Max
08-12-2008, 8:03 AM
Heck get ahold of Bill down at Arizona Silhouette---he should be able to help you out.

Steve Schlumpf
08-12-2008, 9:09 AM
Ken - sorry to hear about the pen failures! Hopefully you will find a means to fix them! Looking forward to the photos!

Bernie Weishapl
08-12-2008, 9:36 AM
Ken sorry to hear about the pens. Give Bill a call. He will help you out. He has been very helpful to me.

Barry Elder
08-12-2008, 9:36 AM
Ken,

I have read in other forums or posts that with an inexpensive transfer punch set from HF any pen can be taken apart. Meanwhile, all my history lessons are in a storage box for future reference.

Jim Becker
08-12-2008, 10:05 AM
"Shop Window Samples", Ken...that way, they don't go to waste... LOL Just remember "Stuff Happens". ;)

robert hainstock
08-12-2008, 10:15 AM
There are pens that won't be taken apart for a rebulid, but I agree call the vendor and see what he can do to help. Good luck. :eek::)
Bob

Steve Clardy
08-12-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't see any pics :p

Jason Whelehon
08-12-2008, 10:22 AM
The last 3 cigar pens I made fell prey to the "I swear I put the bushings on the mandrel right this time".

One was a gift and I FREAKING inserted the wrong parts into the wrong end. So now I have a pen that when twisted, the nib just goes out farther...

I'll learn...

Ken Fitzgerald
08-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't see any pics :p

And therefore I didn't ruin two pen kits?:confused::rolleyes::D