PDA

View Full Version : My FIRST piece of ----

Dale Thompson
04-30-2004, 11:36 PM
DRYWALL!!

Hi Folks,
Over the years, I've tried a lot of things. And I mean TRIED! Plumbing, electrical, framing, finish carpentry, etc. My first shot at "sweating" copper was done without cleaning the pipe and fittings. THAT is a REAL challenge! Try it sometime. :o

You "kids" have a real advantage in terms of wiring. When I first started wiring, I used to buy three or four boxes of fuses and then connected wires until I stopped "blowing" fuses. I do the same thing now except that all I have to do is reset the breaker(s). What a soft life except that the "sparks" are just as blinding. :(

I've even taken a shot or two at making sawdust. Most of you know the disasters that that has created. :rolleyes:

I have NEVER done drywall. Well, my daughter and son-in-law down in Milwaukee think that they are pretty fancy. They don't seem to realize the advantages of having 1/4" pegboard in their living and dining rooms like I have. They wanted DRYWALL in their BASEMENT. I always thought that basements were for rats and snakes.!!?? What is this younger generation coming to?? :confused:

Anyway, my son-in-law makes a living in the brain-dead field of computer programming. I was sure that he would NEVER amount to anything until the last few days. I actually got him to use the SCMS, the portable TS, the hammer drill, the sabre saw and both the brad nailer and the framing nailer. GADS!! What a shock to learn that even 'puter "geeks" are capable of SOMETHING!! ;)

Whatever, I have attached some pics of my first drywall panel. The pics are for any of you who may be employed in the 'puter industry - not to mention any names. :p

For the record, please note the fact that my outlet covers show NO gaps, the screws are precisely "dimpled", the alignment of the screws is incredible and the panel is ABSOLUTELY level! There is only one "minor problem. I put it on the wrong side of the wall. :eek: :o

Dale T.

Larry Browning
04-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Watch it with the confuser geek remarks. There are quite a few of us here in the creek. Is that cat5 cable and coax coming out of the outlet box? I wouldn't hook any of those wires to the electric panel. Hey, maybe that's why you keep seeing sparks!!!!

Looks to me like you got the drywall on the right side of the wall. If you put on the other side it would get wet.

larry

Dale Thompson
05-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Watch it with the confuser geek remarks. There are quite a few of us here in the creek. Is that cat5 cable and coax coming out of the outlet box? I wouldn't hook any of those wires to the electric panel. Hey, maybe that's why you keep seeing sparks!!!!

Looks to me like you got the drywall on the right side of the wall. If you put on the other side it would get wet.

larry

Larry,
I don't think that it is cable coming out of the box. It's probably string. ;) He's like the rest of you 'puter guys. He fastens his "can" to one end of the string and the other person does the same. You guys call it IT or something like that. ;) :) Personally I think that the Pony Express and the "penny" post card are much more personal. :) :)

Dale T.

Robert Ducharme
05-01-2004, 1:35 AM
Yeah but Dale, you were there when they ran the first pony express route. And I bet you helped mail one of the first penny post cards also. By the way wasn't the postage 10 cents for the pony express?

David Rose
05-01-2004, 3:40 AM
Notice how Dale, the non 'puter nerd, takes his pics so far away that you can't tell that you are seeing anything. How about some CLOSEUPS of those outlet holes before you put the covers on to cover up all the booboos.

David, who can't cut wood or 'puters but might shoot a puter once in a while