PDA

View Full Version : Just got done Stuart Batty

John Nowack
08-11-2008, 10:36 PM
I have only attended 3 workshops but Stuart was by far the the most interesting and educational----I learned more in 8 hours than I had in the last 3 workshops--more importantly I UN-LEARNED as much of the stuff I as I learned---he taught the fundamentals that can be incorporated to all turning----he was very interesting and not there to simply promote and sell tools like some others---Anyway Kudo's to Stu for having the heart of a teacher---hope its ok to post her as I am not promoting just commenting about how much I learned--My only complaint is that I bought my first Sorby tool the day before and lost it somehow--leave itto me to loose teh english stell and not the free gimme tools or teh ones made in china

Rick Mills
08-11-2008, 10:48 PM
I took a class instructed by Stuart Batty, and I whole heartedly agree, he is an awesome wood turner and teacher. From the opposite side of the lathe he moved my lathe tool angle maybe an eight of an inch, and all of the sudden the wood started cutting like butter, with hardly any tool marks. I was very impressed.

John Shuk
08-12-2008, 5:24 PM
He really is a natural. From his story the hours at the lathe he has spent are countless and all have been put to good use.

Judy Kingery
08-12-2008, 5:30 PM
Yep, I'd have to concur; we saw him in San Antonio a few years ago and he was outstanding. Very informative and also quite fun! Glad you got to see him. Jude

Jim Underwood
08-13-2008, 2:41 PM
I'm looking forward to a demo and a 2 day class coming up week after next.:D