PDA

View Full Version : found a new place to get blanks

curtis rosche
08-11-2008, 4:46 PM
i had gotten some nice cheap blanks off of ebay, and after talking to the seller i learned that they now have a site where they sell the blanks at sometimes even cheaper prices.

www.turningblanks.net (http://www.turningblanks.net)

check them out

Bernie Weishapl
08-11-2008, 5:06 PM
Been there, done that. Been buying some blanks from them for a while.

Chip Sutherland
08-11-2008, 5:35 PM
They use stock photos of their blanks rather than real presentations of each piece. I know that makes administering the inventory more expensive but it always makes me think twice.

Ken Glass
08-11-2008, 8:35 PM
Curtis,
I just bought 6 blanks from them and all were exactly as advertised. They were dipped in wax and ready to turn.

Dave Duane
08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Ditto. I've purchased several blanks from them and have been very happy. A couple of times I've discussed particular requirements and they've come back with some excellent options.

Lee DeRaud
08-11-2008, 11:17 PM
They use stock photos of their blanks rather than real presentations of each piece.I could see your point if they were selling hyper-expensive one-of-a-kind burls or crotch pieces, but given that they have multiples of just about every size/species combination they sell, I don't see how else they could do it. Personally, if I were formatting their site, I'd probably have just one picture per species to begin with, same as most wood dealers.