PDA

View Full Version : Collated Screws for the Makita 6834 Autofeed Screwdriver

Brian Parker
08-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I did a quick search and I didn't see anything related to this. I just got the Makita 6834 in the mail and plan on putting it through the paces just as soon as I can get some fasteners for it. I see that there are multiple companies which manufacture collated screws.

My question is this, will any brand work in the gun/driver/screwdriver?

I also got the square bit so I could drive the square head screws with great ease. I see that Milwaukee makes some great ones for backerboard, drywall and subflooring.

TIA

Mark Rios
08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
It should say on the screw container which brand they fit. I've got the 6834 as well (and I used to use the 6832). HD used to carry the Makita brand collated screws but they were a lot more expensive than the Senco brand so I've always used the Senco brand. I can still get them at my local blue and orange BORG's.

Brian Parker
08-15-2008, 7:56 AM
Mark,

Thanks for the information, I'll be sure to give the Senco's a test drive in the next few days. I was in the Blue BORG shopping and noticed that the flooring screws were indeed the famous Robertson a.k.a. #2 square head. I did some searching at the store and didn't find the makita 784605-A (robertson bit for the 6834). Are there any stores which sell them? I checked online and amazon has them but for a vendor and no free shipping which kills the deal. Any ideas on where to get them?

Mark Rios
08-15-2008, 12:44 PM
I haven't looked for the square head but I bought extra phillips head bits direct from Makita. They may sell the square head.

hth