PDA

View Full Version : Air Assist Cone Quick Change

Pete Ganz
08-10-2008, 4:46 PM
HI,

I have a ULS Versa 300 30 watt with the Air Assist Cone attachment.

Does anyone know of a way to quickly remove or at least swing the air assist cone out of position.

The reason I want to do this is I switch between cutting flat acrylic where I really want the cone in place and etching round anodized aluminum parts on the rotary attachment.

Seems like you can't use the rotary attachment with the cone in place as it bangs into the rotary attachment. Removing the cone is a big pain in the butt.

I'm looking for a quick disconnect kit or bracket to hold the cone up out of the way.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

Bob Cole
08-10-2008, 5:04 PM
My ULS rep gave me some long plastic screws that you can use your fingers to tighten/loosen. Makes it a lot faster than trying to use the little screws that came with it.

Pete Ganz
08-10-2008, 5:06 PM
What do the screws fasten?

Pete

Howard Garner
08-10-2008, 7:48 PM
HI,

I have a ULS Versa 300 30 watt with the Air Assist Cone attachment.

Does anyone know of a way to quickly remove or at least swing the air assist cone out of position.

The reason I want to do this is I switch between cutting flat acrylic where I really want the cone in place and etching round anodized aluminum parts on the rotary attachment.

Seems like you can't use the rotary attachment with the cone in place as it bangs into the rotary attachment. Removing the cone is a big pain in the butt.

I'm looking for a quick disconnect kit or bracket to hold the cone up out of the way.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete
I don't see your problem.
One knurled screw to loosen to remove the cone, then pull the hose off.
The air adjustment can just be left as it was, there is no need to shut it off.

VL300 owner

Bob Cole
08-10-2008, 9:17 PM
Sorry. Didn't realize the VL300 cone attachment is different than my X-660.

Pete Ganz
08-20-2008, 2:48 PM
Thanks,

Looks like you are correct the hose unscrews from valve and/or the cone.

Pete