PDA

View Full Version : Unisaw for Mother's day?

Herb Kelley
04-30-2004, 2:43 PM
Thinking about getting my wife a Unisaw for Mother's Day. Since she is the LOML maybe I should spend the extra for a PM66. Either choice is a lot more practical than a washer and dryer. What do you old married types advise?

Dick Parr
04-30-2004, 3:26 PM
A man after my own heart, we are always thinking of our wife's first :D . But I would bet Herb that if you waited another week or so, Todd can give you a review of his Felder once it is set up and running. As long you are going to get her something real nice, you should go all the way :p .

Ken Fitzgerald
04-30-2004, 3:55 PM
Herb, I tried something similar one year.....bought my wife a new spin cast fishing pole.......4 or 5 years later she bought her fishing license and used it. In the meantime I broke it in for her! She still chuckles about it! :eek:

Jim Baker
04-30-2004, 6:18 PM
Thinking about getting my wife a Unisaw for Mother's Day. Since she is the LOML maybe I should spend the extra for a PM66. Either choice is a lot more practical than a washer and dryer. What do you old married types advise?

My Grandma always says never give a lady a gift that has a cord. I'm fairly sure a cabinet saw never even entered her mind. I assumed she was talking about irons, vaccum cleaners, waffle irons, electric skillets and the like.

Todd Burch
04-30-2004, 7:47 PM
Herb - DO IT. You HAVE to do it! I'm guilty of this too - while in High School, I bought my mom a Coleman camp stove for Mother's Day. I was going camping the next weekend. She saw it in her heart to let me borrow it.

Right after I got married, I bought my wife a hot melt glue gun and an electric stapler for her birthday - the first one we shared being married. She wasn't too keen on it though. However, it does give her "dis-Todd" conversation every year (for the last 15 years... next month will be 16).

Todd Burch
04-30-2004, 7:48 PM
Oh, I prefer the Powermatic 66. 5HP, 50" fence. Be sure to get the router thingy in the extension table.

Robert Goodwin
05-03-2004, 11:36 AM
I have done that. Buy my wife something that I want for "Her" birthday. Yea, I still hear about it every birthday. I suppose if I had been married twenty years before I did it, it might have gotten by, but not after two.

Oh well, live and learn :D

Sam Chambers
05-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Herb:

You got your Mom a catcher's mitt for Mother's Day when you were a kid, didn't you? (I still threaten my Mother with that if she doesn't give me some gift ideas....)

Pat Salter
05-03-2004, 8:11 PM
Mine is the type who always says, "oh, just anything will do, just don't spend too much money". One year I didn't get her anything. when she asked, I said, "well, I didn't want to spend too much money....". and no, she didn't find it funny. :confused:

Greg Heppeard
05-03-2004, 10:13 PM
My Grandma always says never give a lady a gift that has a cord. I'm fairly sure a cabinet saw never even entered her mind. I assumed she was talking about irons, vaccum cleaners, waffle irons, electric skillets and the like.

If I remember correctly, the cabinet saws don't usually come with a plug attached, does this fit? Well, I guess we can split hairs sometimes too huh? :)

markus shaffer
05-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Y'know, I have to express my extreme disappointment that everyone here would even joke about giving their wives something such as a Unisaw or a Powermatic 66 for Mother's Day. What a bunch of selfish ignorant knuckleheads all of you are. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.. I can't believe any one of you would even think of getting your significant others something less than an Altendorf...

Todd Burch
05-04-2004, 1:05 PM
Cool - you can watch TV while you are sawing.

Donnie Raines
05-04-2004, 1:22 PM
Now thats a saw!!!

DonnieR

Ned Bulken
05-04-2004, 1:30 PM
i don't even think I could fit that beast in through the doorway to my shop!?!!!!

James Carmichael
05-04-2004, 2:40 PM
Wow, instead of "Point & Click" it's "Point & Cut".

You might be a Redneck if.....

You get nervous as LOYL opens her Mother's day present, because you can't remember if you unloaded it before wrapping.