PDA

View Full Version : Size of a Powermatic 66 Right extension table.

Chris Rosenberger
08-10-2008, 10:35 AM
I am in the process of restoring a 1970 Powermatic 66 tablesaw. I am going to install a 50" Beisemeyer fence on the saw.
I need to know the size of the Formica covered Powermaic extension table. Thickness, width & length. I have looked through my catalogs & on the internet& cannot find the sizes. If someone that has this table on their saw could get me the measurements I would be very grateful.
Thank you.
Chris

Neal Clayton
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
unless the pre-1980 ones came with some sort of extension that the post 1980 ones didn't, the extension table you're referring to would just be something attached to the fence, not the saw itself. therefore the precise size of it doesn't matter all that much.

getting the right thickness would be nice but once you've got the fence on the saw you can measure for thickness.

James Hart
08-11-2008, 12:42 AM
Chris,

I have a 1982 PM 66. My homemade extension table is 3"x28"Wx34 3/4"L. My Biese fence can cut 51" to the right of the blade, so I think we're the same in that regard.

I have extension wings on both sides of the table, you should account for that extra length if you don't have one on the right.

The width needs to match your main table from front to back, the length on mine was driven by wanting the legs to sit properly on the ends of the rolling base I have it on.

I would drill holes in the edge of the right extension wing and bolt the extension table to the saws table, this will help you keep them flush.

Good Luck,

Jim

Jim Becker
08-11-2008, 9:28 AM
Chris, I'd suggest you wait until you have the saw and fence before you go about constructing your extension table. That way you can precisely size it for best fit.

Chris Rosenberger
08-11-2008, 6:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. I did not make my question clear. I am not a writer. What I am look for is the size of the laminate covered extension table that is sold with the new Powermatic 66 saws with a 50" Accu Fence. I need the thickness & length.

Steve Kohn
08-11-2008, 9:56 PM
My 2000 PM66 top is 2 9/16 thick, and 35 7/16 long.