PDA

View Full Version : milwaukee new mitersaw at Home Depot

Dave Lehnert
08-09-2008, 2:55 PM
Anyone look at the new Milwaukee miter saw. slide smooth as silk. Looked well made. Anyone purchase one yet.

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/wcsstore/METB2B/html/images/largeprod/6950-20-lg.jpg

Mike Keers
08-09-2008, 3:19 PM
if you buy me one I'd be happy to test it and let you know! I've been shopping for one. :D

It sure is an odd looking thing--worm drive? I wonder if this is 'old school' Milwaukee quality, or 'compete in the race to the bottom with Ryobi' quality?

Steve Nouis
08-09-2008, 5:50 PM
If it's made in china, no thanks. Steve

Steve knight
08-09-2008, 6:04 PM
well I guess you don't by many tools since most are made in china.

Rick Fisher
08-09-2008, 6:41 PM
well I guess you don't by many tools since most are made in china.

Most of mine are Taiwan or Japan.

I buy Makita and Hitachi. I avoid Black and Decker and Emerson.

Michael Boyle
08-09-2008, 8:10 PM
It is made in Taiwan for those who are interested. I was looking at one at Andersons today. It looks like a nice machine but if I were in the market I believe my money would go with the one made by Bosch. For now my old DeWalt, non-sliding, miter will have to do.

Dave Lehnert
08-09-2008, 9:26 PM
Made in Taiwan.

Dave Lehnert
08-10-2008, 9:22 AM
if you buy me one I'd be happy to test it and let you know! I've been shopping for one. :D

It sure is an odd looking thing--worm drive? I wonder if this is 'old school' Milwaukee quality, or 'compete in the race to the bottom with Ryobi' quality?

That is the same thought I have about the quality. Look very good but only time will tell.

Glenn Clabo
08-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Direct drive...here's the facts...
http://www.milwaukeetool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_27_40028_-1_192210_192137

Mark Koury
08-20-2008, 8:27 AM
I would love to get a chance to use this before buying it.

The one I played with at HD seemed well made, BUT:

I don’t like the bevel - hard to turn and the scale is small.
There is no laser available or supplied.
There is no work clamp - I’m not sure if the $35 one will fit.
Very strange - the right fence will not slide for a bevel - it has to be removed. The left fence slides as expected. This is not a defect, they are designed that way!

Positives are:

Overall quality feel.
Very smooth miter movement (Not like the Kapex:rolleyes:)
Miter fine adjust.
Work light.

Has anyone used one? What are your impressions? How does it actually cut with the supplied blade?
I’m looking hard for a new saw.

Per Swenson
08-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Great saw,

Yes, I took one for a spin.

I only have one issue with it.

Sure, I am in pretty dang good shape fer a young geezer who turns 50
in a short 2 weeks, but this saw weighs a ton.
Ok, not a ton, but a very awkward 65 pounds.

So when it comes to transporting it around, the employment of a young whipper snapper to caddy is a safe assumption.

Now if one were to consider this as a in position shop tool,
well, if the Kapex doesn't fit your budget, apparently the dust collection on the Milwaukee is nothing to sneeze at. (pun)

Per