PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Tool Quality(Excellent)

Lance Norris
08-09-2008, 10:19 AM
I know Bosch makes a quality tool, I own several of their hand-held power tools, and have been very happy with them. I just replaced a 1/2 sheet Crapsman pad sander with the Bosch 1293D sander. WOW... what a difference. Smooth, quiet, and vibration free(for a sander, of course). Sure the Bosch was more money than the Craftsman, but I really noticed a difference in the way my hands felt after using the Bosch for several hours today on a big tabletop. When using the Craftsman sander, my hands would be numb for a while afterwards, but none of that with the Bosch. So I guess the reason for this post is just to say Im happy with my new sander and will be looking at Bosch for the upcoming replacement of my little Skil belt sander.

Peter Quadarella
08-09-2008, 1:07 PM
I like Bosch a lot. I've been happy with every Bosch purchase I've made.

Jerry Olexa
08-09-2008, 1:28 PM
My Bosch jigsaw is by far the best jigsaw I've ever used or owned.

Nancy Laird
08-09-2008, 2:39 PM
We have two PC ROS and a Bosch ROS. The Bosch is much lighter (weightwise) than the PCs are, and I can use it much easier than the PCs. I just got through sanding about 75 maple plaques and another 30 pieces of maple, walnut, and cherry with it, and don't have any numbness in my hand or heaviness in my arm. I'm sold on it.

Steve Clardy
08-09-2008, 2:49 PM
Very happy with my bosch tools.

5 drills, 1 sander, and the old reliable jigsaw

Travis Rassat
08-09-2008, 4:09 PM
I am also very happy with my Bosch tools - Bosch is the first place I look when I need a new tool. It all started with a Bosch miter saw, and now the majority of my handheld power tools are Bosch.

My favorite little gem is their 1297 1/4" sheet sander - I really like the SheetLoc mechanism.

Dwain Lambrigger
08-09-2008, 4:17 PM
I have a jig saw and a combo router. Love them both. I am looking into getting a belt sander. When my wife wanted a new mixer, kitchen aid, I bought the Bosch. Now we are both happy with our "tools"

Denny Rice
08-09-2008, 5:08 PM
Been very happy with Bosch router bits too. They seem to hold up very well for the price. I was in a pinch one night and I went to Menards and seen Menards Chinese sets then seen the Bosch bits, so I bought one, very happy with the results out of the bit. I've been back three other times to Menards to purchase 3 more Bosch bits, all worked very well and show no signs of wear.

Glenn Howard
08-09-2008, 6:24 PM
14.4v cordless drill - 34614
hammer drill - 1199VSRK
ps-40 impact driver
ps-20 driver (was free with purchase of ps-40)
jigsaw - 1590EVSK
router kit - 1617EVSPK
hammer drill bits
titanium drill bits

Yup, I've been very pleased with all of my Bosch purchases as well.

Rick Potter
08-09-2008, 6:37 PM
Why did I buy my Bosch Jigsaw ten years ago? Simple, I was at a WW show and the demonstrator said try this....he picked up the saw, turned it on, and slammed it down in the middle of a 2X4. It chewed right through it without stalling. No starter hole, no tilting it it, just slammed it down.

So, at his request, I tried it too...same results. Bought one on the spot. Not the demo though, and I would never abuse mine that way.

By the way, this was when I was first exposed to the difference between jigsaw blades from the hardware store, and really good ones. Unbelievable. Now, I look for the ones made in Switzerland, that are so sharp, you have to be carefull installing them.

Rick Potter

Chuck Tringo
08-09-2008, 6:59 PM
Yep, Bosch does make good stuff, I love my 1590 Jigsaw; I call it the best jigsaw you can get for under $300 :D in fact, without some serious re engineering I cant see ever getting a different jigsaw other than that green and black one, but I refuse to fall down that slippery slope before I win the lottery :p.

J D Thomas
08-09-2008, 9:30 PM
I wholehearted agree. Bosch makes quality stuff. I've become especially fond of their 10.2v lithium tools.

Leonard Clark
08-09-2008, 9:56 PM
Well I have a long list of Bosch tools. I have enought they should make me a dealer. LOL . But On the other side I have the 24 volt cordless miter saw and the batteries burned up my Bosch radio charger.I took it in and I was told they were out of warrenty. The bad part of that was the I have not used the saw to much. Less the 100hrs. And the Batteries and the radios charger are no good. and Bosch won't help me out. Now I think twice just for That reason. I am not unhappy just dissapointed.