PDA

View Full Version : Nailer Gloat

Harley Reasons
08-09-2008, 8:41 AM
Forgot to post this earlier.
Had a customer come in and wanted to buy one of the PC Nailer combo kits. He didn't want the three gun kit because of the higher price. The two gun kit was $20 cheaper but also included a free 23ga pin nailer. He stated that he didn't need the pin nailer that all he needed was the finish nailer and brad nailer. I laughingly joked, "Well buy the two gun kit and I'll buy the pin nailer from you" To my shock he said OK, how much you give me for it. I threw out a $50 figure and he said OK, I'll take it. SHOCK A $119 pin nailer for $50.00.
It was at closing time, so I told him to wait a minute and I'll go clock out and we'll do the deal. Pictures are proof

Steve Clardy
08-09-2008, 2:32 PM
Great price. Thats what I use. Excellent little gun.

Rich Engelhardt
08-09-2008, 8:16 PM
Hello,
Nice!
I just recently had a need for a pinner and picked up that exact model.
You should be pretty happy with it. The only real drawback is that it's limited to 1" pins (if you consider that a drawback, which I personally don't).
FWIW - I paid $99.00 for mine from Amazon -so you got a really good deal.

My bet is the guy is going to kick himself somewhere down the road for letting it go.

6 months ago, I considered a 23 ga nailer somehwhat a needless extravagance.
I should have know better, based on my experience with an 18 ga.
Then I ran into a situation where I needed to fasten a lot of 1/4" thick trim. Glue worked fine, but I didn't have the time to weigh down the pieces or clamp them & an 18 ga brad either split the wood and/or made too much of a divot.