PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lumber in Powhatan Virginia

Bill Swanson
08-08-2008, 6:06 PM
Does anyone know a good reasonable source for hard wood around Powhatan Virginia?

I am going to build a book case and was looking for Red Oak. Looking for kiln dried, could be rough sawn.

Jordan Lane
08-08-2008, 6:13 PM
Siewers Lumber across from the Diamond in Richmond and Northland Forest products in Troy Virginia about 40 miles from you

jerry nazard
08-08-2008, 7:50 PM
Siewers for sure. Lumber Sales down on 17th St. if you are buying a large amount.

Jake Helmboldt
08-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Bill, Northland is the far better option if you need any quantity, or if you can simply swing a trip towards Charlottesville. Their pricing is cheaper and their selection is much greater.

I buy from Siewers due to convenience, but for future projects I plan to hit Northland. For that matter, Woodcraft in Richmond has started stocking a lot more wood lately. I don't know if their pricing is any good, but worth a phone call.

Matt Day
08-11-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't know about the Richmond market, but I go to NFP in Troy. I can spend all day there if I wanted, picking through the stacks, and they don't mind! Nice folks too.

curtis rosche
08-11-2008, 12:04 PM
www.groffslumber.com (http://www.groffslumber.com) they got good prices and arent far away

Bill Swanson
08-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Now I have to get on the internet and phone.

Thanks for the quick information.

Bill