PDA

View Full Version : If you fall asleep while...

Belinda Barfield
08-08-2008, 2:59 PM
well you animal lovers know what she was doing...

this is what will happen . . .

This kitten was abandoned in the shrubbery at my local Outback restaurant. No one wanted her, so I took her home "temporarily" until I could find a family for her. Well, I did . . . me. She comes to work with me every day and this is "her" chair in my office. I swear I vacuumed it day before yesterday!:o

Jim Becker
08-08-2008, 3:27 PM
Another one of those "if you can" moments...LOL

That's a very cute kitty and I have no doubt your generosity will be returned many times over in the love and affection you'll receive back

Art Mulder
08-08-2008, 5:50 PM
Don't we wish we were half that flexible? Oooh, my back.

...art

ps: you might want to submit that photo to http://icanhascheezburger.com/

Bryan Rocker
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I have one of those If you can kittys. I rescued her from an air force base flight line 12 years ago....She is still alive and doing well......

Ron Jones near Indy
08-08-2008, 10:33 PM
She will reward your kindness for your entire time together. And I know you will enjoy every minute of it!

Doug Shepard
08-09-2008, 5:00 AM
You are too cool. What goes around comes around and she's going to pay you back in spades for taking her in.

Dennis Peacock
08-09-2008, 6:28 AM
Belinda,

Very pretty and "flexible" kitty you have there. Thanks for the rescue. We got a kitty kinda like that earlier this year. Her name is Lucy (named by my youngest son) and needless to say....Lucy is "spoiled rotten". ;) :rolleyes: :D

Belinda Barfield
08-09-2008, 9:23 AM
Thanks all. She is really funny. She was about five weeks old when I found her. She is still in that kitten learning how to be a cat phase and tries to attack the kitten in the mirror all the time. Right now I'm trying to teach her that I am not a tree and that she can't run up my leg. Her claws are really sharp!

Sorry the thread title was too off color. I was attempting a little humor there and I guess that bacfired!

Kevin Arceneaux
08-09-2008, 10:22 AM
I think cats and dogs do that just to show use that having thumbs does not mean people can do everything.

Lance Norris
08-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Belinda... Im glad you changed the title.:o Here is a pic of our new kitty. She is as yet, un~named. We had a kitten we rescued last fall that just died, and my wife was very sad. Our big cat didnt like sharing our affection and was very jealous. She is much more tollerant of this kitty. I dont know why. Maybe she is more adjusted to the idea of a little sister.

Belinda Barfield
08-10-2008, 8:57 AM
Belinda... Im glad you changed the title.:o

Lance, I didn't change the title, the mods did. So, while I appreciate you taking the time to thank me, I can't take the credit. I apologize for having offended you. Honestly, the title was sort of a gotcha' line and my intent was for this to be an amusing post. Now I look like some silly female who posted a picture of her kitten on a woodworking forum, and I really don't like it when people think of me as a silly female. And yes, I know some of you think it is a silly post either way. The whole point was not the cat, but the fact that she could fall asleep in such an awkward position. I do appreciate all of the responses from you animal lovers. Maybe one of the mods could change the title again to read "If you fall asleep while taking a bath". The thread really doesn't make much sense as it stands now.

Sorry for the mini-rant. I appreciate the mods and all they do and I realize that policing a forum is a big job. I'm not questioning the call that was made, nor the mod's right to make it, just stating that I feel the intent of the thread was compromised by the change. If I had used the "A" word I would fully understand the change, but I wouldn't have used the "A" word in the first place.

Again, a big "I'm sorry" to all those I offended. I don't believe any one of us is capable of doing what was in the original title, so I honestly didn't think that anyone would find it offensive.

Glenn Clabo
08-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Is that little better???

mike holden
08-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Belinda,
No one thinks of you as silly. Neither for the title, nor for the pic.
To paraphase: Man does not live by woodwork alone, frequently there must be human contact.

(from Woody Allen - "man does not live by bread alone ... frequently there must be a beverage" from back when he was funny)

Mike

Belinda Barfield
08-10-2008, 11:50 AM
Is that little better???

Yes sir, that is better. Thank you very, very much.:D

Belinda Barfield
08-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks Mike.

Belinda Barfield
08-10-2008, 11:54 AM
Here is a pic of our new kitty. She is as yet, un~named. We had a kitten we rescued last fall that just died, and my wife was very sad. Our big cat didnt like sharing our affection and was very jealous. She is much more tollerant of this kitty. I dont know why. Maybe she is more adjusted to the idea of a little sister.

Thanks for sharing your kitty photo Lance. She has a really cute face. My big cat still hasn't adjusted to the new kitten. The fact that she pesters him to death isn't helping. He always slept with me and now he won't. I miss him snuggling up to me. :(

Gary Herrmann
08-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Belinda, you gonna name her Uga so she fits in with all them Dawgs down there?

I try not to let my wife know that I think our two rescued kittens are cute. I've always been more of a dog person, but they're growing on me.

They're polydactyl (extra toes). When the kittens get to scrappin, they look like they're whomping on each other while wearing tiny oven mitts. My yellow boy has turned out to be quite maternal. He's always trying to break up the fight. Eventually, they all get tired and take a nap...

Go Gators.

Belinda Barfield
08-11-2008, 8:32 AM
Belinda, you gonna name her Uga so she fits in with all them Dawgs down there?

I try not to let my wife know that I think our two rescued kittens are cute. I've always been more of a dog person, but they're growing on me.

They're polydactyl (extra toes). When the kittens get to scrappin, they look like they're whomping on each other while wearing tiny oven mitts. My yellow boy has turned out to be quite maternal. He's always trying to break up the fight. Eventually, they all get tired and take a nap...

Go Gators.

Great photo Gary! No, her name is Tassie. I decided to name her after something on the Outback menu and Bloomin' Onion just didn't stick. :D So, she's named for "Tassie's Chicken". The way she bounces around all the time I should have named her Boomerang.

I wasn't a "cat person" until three years ago when I ended up with my first rescue cat. He grew on me. I still love big dogs though. I just don't have the space for one right now.

Now as to the Dawgs, you should know the name Uga is sacred. We lost the reigning Uga a couple of months ago so we start the season with Uga VII and I'm guessing he's gonna be a feisty one. Maybe this time he'll take a bite out a Gator instead of one of those fraidy cat Auburn guys. ;)
You do know we're ranked #1, don't ya'?

Marjorie Saws
08-11-2008, 11:38 AM
They let you take your cat to work, that is nice.

Belinda Barfield
08-11-2008, 12:43 PM
They let you take your cat to work, that is nice.

Being the boss has its privileges. Now Google, they even have pet day care for their employees and you can visit your pet anytime you want.

Kevin Arceneaux
08-11-2008, 5:13 PM
This is my wife's cat. He is under the impression that he rules the house. He and I have an armed truce. He is not happy in this picture as he is about to be evicted from the chair.

He is lucky to be alive. One of my dogs is a sniffer. Kitty (very original name) took exception to it one day and took at swat at Shiloh's nose, at which time Shiloh just about killed him.

Larry Browning
08-11-2008, 6:35 PM
Man I wish I knew what the original title of this post was:confused:
I can only imagine.... Well, maybe it is more fun to make up my own titles:eek:

Joe Mioux
08-11-2008, 7:06 PM
Cats are kind of tough.

We had a cat adopt us about two years ago. When we got new neighbors who have a German Sherperd, the cat adopted them.

they got rid of the cat, not knowing it was ours.

Now we adopted a dog, the one in my Avatar. She is an English Pointer and we estimate about 2 yrs old.

Unfortunately she had a pretty severe open leg injury when we got her, it healed but now it is swollen and oozing puss. So this afternoon she went to the vet.

btw: we can decide on a name. Does anyone have a good name for an female English Pointer?

oh yea, we used to take the family dog to work everyday. Lots of good stories about the adventures of our old dog "Beaper".

Joe

Chris Padilla
08-11-2008, 7:28 PM
we can decide on a name. Does anyone have a good name for an female English Pointer?

Xuoim? :) No clue how you pronounce it but there just aren't enough names that begin with an X! :D

Belinda Barfield
08-11-2008, 7:35 PM
btw: we can decide on a name. Does anyone have a good name for an female English Pointer?

oh yea, we used to take the family dog to work everyday. Lots of good stories about the adventures of our old dog "Beaper".

Joe

I need a larger pic to work with for a name. Post another one please.

My original rescue cat, who is a black short hair, is named "Spooky". When he was a little bitty kitten he was afraid of everything. One day a sales rep for a local magazine, "Critter", stopped by the office trying to sell advertising. Spooky charmed her and ended up being the "Working Pet of the Month". Two page article about how he was rescued, what he does at work everyday, what he does in his "down time", and pictorial. It was pretty cool.

Nancy Laird
08-11-2008, 7:43 PM
(from Woody Allen - "man does not live by bread alone ... frequently there must be a beverage" from back when he was funny)

Mike

Or, to quote Brother Dave Gardner, "Man does not live by bread alone...he must have peanut butter."

Darling Kitten, Belinda. I'm a cat person through and through. We have two who let us live in their house and sleep in their bed!!

Mark Rios
08-11-2008, 8:31 PM
........One day a sales rep for a local magazine, "Critter", stopped by the office trying to sell advertising. Spooky charmed her and ended up being the "Working Pet of the Month". Two page article about how he was rescued, what he does at work everyday, what he does in his "down time", and pictorial. It was pretty cool.

What? No pictorial layout?.......No centerfold?........No cat-nip flavored champagne filled hot tub shots?......What kind of story was that, hmmmmm?....

:D

Joe Mioux
08-11-2008, 8:59 PM
I need a larger pic to work with for a name. Post another one please.

here are three....

Belinda Barfield
08-12-2008, 8:44 AM
What? No pictorial layout?.......No centerfold?........No cat-nip flavored champagne filled hot tub shots?......What kind of story was that, hmmmmm?....

Nope, no racy shots, just one of him playing with his toy mouse, and one of him helping a customer choose granite for their countertops.

Belinda Barfield
08-12-2008, 8:46 AM
Well Joe, "Lucky" comes to mind first but that may be a little too obvious. She looks very regal in the third photo so how about "Bess" (because she doesn't look like an "Elizabeth").

Dennis Peacock
08-12-2008, 9:22 AM
OK...I'll play as well...Here's Lucy.....our cat. She's older now, but this is here not too long ago.

Belinda Barfield
08-12-2008, 9:35 AM
She's a cutie Dennis. My best friend has a black cat named Lucy - short for "Lucy-Fur".

Rob Russell
08-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Here's our current ruler of the house - Ishtar - shown in his favorite winter position. He likes to bake himself silly. He was about 6 years old when we got him from the Humane Society July 4th weekend, 2000.

Right now he's not so pleased with us because he's gotten a bit too chubby and we've put him on a diet. I don't think there's anything more insistent than a cat who thinks breakfast should be at 3:30 AM.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=15581&d=1107099453

Nancy Laird
08-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't think there's anything more insistent than a cat who thinks breakfast should be at 3:30 AM.

Unless it's a cat who begs at the table! Our 11-year-old 22-pound male thinks that every time we sit down at the table, it is HIS mealtime too, and he'll eat almost anything. You should have seen him last night cleaning out the fettucini al fredo bowls!!

Wish I could find the pictures of my two!

Belinda Barfield
08-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Unless it's a cat who begs at the table!

Amen Nancy! My older cat will sit patiently by the chair and wait for me to share with him. If I don't share he's okay with that. Not the little one! We were having shrimp one night about two weeks after we found her. I was trying to tear one up into little pieces for her and she got so excited that she bit almost all the way through my index finger trying to grab the shrimp. I guess that's what I get for tearing the shrimp up over her food bowl.

Nancy Laird
08-14-2008, 8:49 PM
Here is the picture of my two four-legged furry children:

94778 That's Sneakers on the top - an 11-year-old, 22-pound male tabby, and Socks on the bottom, about 7-8 pounds of female princess. Sneakers is wearing keds on the front and high-tops on the back, and Socks is wearing footies on the front and knee socks on the back. Sneakers is the one who begs at the table.

Belinda Barfield
08-15-2008, 9:08 AM
Thanks Nancy. LOL . . . I love their names. Just don't let Socks get in the dryer or you may never see her again!:eek:

Kevin Arceneaux
08-15-2008, 10:59 AM
That happened to our first cat. He literally walking into the house one day and stayed. One day while talking on the phone, I opened the dryer door to stop it while I was on the phone and never noticed him crawl in and started it back afterward. Did not find him until the next morning.:(

Jim Mattheiss
08-16-2008, 7:36 PM
My 16 year old cat Bullwinkle is shown resting below. His brother Rocky had diabetes and passed away a few years ago.

I was not a cat lover but "the boys" converted me.

If the litter box would clean itself in the winter, that would be the clincher. In the summer he uses the woods on our property so the litter box is not normally used in the summer.

Cheers

Jim

Mark Rios
08-16-2008, 8:30 PM
Everybody's showing their babies so here's mine.

She has no feet, so no socks or shoes, but she does have a long red tail. She's about eight years old and a tad over eight feet long.:D

Lee Koepke
08-16-2008, 9:59 PM
Heres mine .... notice his collar !!!!! HA

Kevin Arceneaux
08-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Heres mine .... notice his collar !!!!! HA

Yours has a hard life as mine

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=22087

Belinda Barfield
08-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Mark,

Why doesn't it surprise me that you would be the one to have a pet snake?!:cool:

Kevin,

I put off asking a long as I could, and I'm not sure I want to know the answer, but here goes. Did the kitty in the dryer make it?

Kevin Arceneaux
08-17-2008, 3:38 PM
No

We did not notice him missing until the next morning and after tearing the house apart looking for him I thought to look in the dryer.

Gary Herrmann
08-17-2008, 5:39 PM
You do know we're ranked #1, don't ya'?

Yeah. I saw that. Trying not to think about it too much. I'm surprised my sister in law hasn't been yappin at me more about it. Waay too many different SEC schools in my family. Football season causes us to get ornery.

The cocktail party will be real interesting this year.

Go Gators

Gary Herrmann
08-17-2008, 5:43 PM
here are three....

For some reason, Livvy just popped into my head. Keep in mind I have had two beers...

Lee Koepke
08-17-2008, 8:36 PM
Yeah. I saw that. Trying not to think about it too much. I'm surprised my sister in law hasn't been yappin at me more about it. Waay too many different SEC schools in my family. Football season causes us to get ornery.

The cocktail party will be real interesting this year.

Go Gators

Cant WAIT for the season !!!!:cool:

If you ever wanna talk Gator Football, I am your man !!

Mark Rios
08-17-2008, 8:58 PM

This thread is about kitties. But, it has stayed on topic because gators love kitties. :D

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2008, 8:05 AM

Lee, I would greatly appreciate you removing your location from your information. Traitor!!!;)

Kevin Arceneaux
08-18-2008, 10:42 AM
This thread is about kitties. But, it has stayed on topic because gators love kitties. :D

They just better watch for those striped kitties from the bayou!

Belinda Barfield
08-18-2008, 11:19 AM
They just better watch for those striped kitties from the bayou!

Now, now, if you gentlemen want to start talking doggies, and striped kitties and gators, we gonna' hafta start us a whole new thread. Did I mention we start the season ranked #1? I'm sure Nancy will be along any minute to remind me of that spankin' we took from the Vols last year! :eek: As Scarlett would say, August 30th starts another season!:D I'm busy turnin' my red parlor drapes into a jersey for the opening game. I have to have a new one to commemorate the debut of UGA VII. GOOOOO Dogs! Sic 'em!

Gary Herrmann
08-18-2008, 8:31 PM
Lee, I would greatly appreciate you removing your location from your information. Traitor!!!;)

Hah!!!!!!!

Lee Koepke
08-18-2008, 9:03 PM
Now, now, if you gentlemen want to start talking doggies, and striped kitties and gators, we gonna' hafta start us a whole new thread. Did I mention we start the season ranked #1? I'm sure Nancy will be along any minute to remind me of that spankin' we took from the Vols last year! :eek: As Scarlett would say, August 30th starts another season!:D I'm busy turnin' my red parlor drapes into a jersey for the opening game. I have to have a new one to commemorate the debut of UGA VII. GOOOOO Dogs! Sic 'em!

its fun isnt it !!! I was sent up here to help establish a strong base behind enemy lines.

where I am ( western ga ) I have to deal with auburners too ... thats realllly tough

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 8:18 AM

its fun isnt it !!! I was sent up here to help establish a strong base behind enemy lines.

where I am ( western ga ) I have to deal with auburners too ... thats realllly tough

One of my best friends is an Auburner, he even played for them, but I don't hold that against him . . . much, and only during football season. My cousin was at one time the Auburn Tiger, we don't speak anymore.

For Christmas I'm getting my friend that famous print of UGA (the dog, not the team) going for a senstive area on an Auburn player that strayed a little too far into his territory. :D

Any of you feller's going to the Largest Cocktail Party in the World? Maybe we could meet up and hash this out in person. :D

Mark Rios
08-19-2008, 11:55 AM
Didn't the Fresno Bulldogs recently beat the pants off of the Georgia Bulldogs at something? I don't remember what sport exactly but, as Fresno is only a couple of hours south of me, I remember hearing the buzz............hmmmmm?.........

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Didn't the Fresno Bulldogs recently beat the pants off of the Georgia Bulldogs at something? I don't remember what sport exactly but, as Fresno is only a couple of hours south of me, I remember hearing the buzz............hmmmmm?.........

Could be Mark. I only follow GA football. I was a three sport girl at one time - professional football, basketball and baseball. I also used to watch a lot of college basketball. But then when all the seasons started overlapping so much I just couldn't keep up. I dropped back to football and baseball for a couple of years, then dropped both of those other than an occasional Braves game. I just follow SEC football now as I don't have time for much else. :(

Larry Browning
08-19-2008, 1:50 PM
I believe that was baseball. College World Series. I must say that if a team is even in this tournament, they have had a pretty good year.
CWS is some of the best baseball there is. The players play with such passion and heart. Some of the plays they make are just incredible!

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 2:25 PM
I believe that was baseball. College World Series. I must say that if a team is even in this tournament, they have had a pretty good year.
CWS is some of the best baseball there is. The players play with such passion and heart. Some of the plays they make are just incredible!

Larry, I can't remember if this happened at a college game or a pro game, but did you see the play where the 12 year old girl literally ran up the wall to catch a foul ball. I saw the clip on Fox News I think. It was an amazing catch!