PDA

View Full Version : 1977 craftsman R A S ?

John Wibbenmeyer
08-08-2008, 2:02 PM
Long time no see ya'll
I bought a radial arm saw at an auction last week. I think its a 1977 model,but know its a craftsman brand
Opposite the blade side there is a male threaded rod that looks like a drill chuck could be screwed to it. A plate around it says it can be used for drilling,sanding,shaping,and routering.
Anyone out there know what type of R A S this is? The model # is 113.19771.
Id appreciate it.Thanks.

Howard Acheson
08-08-2008, 2:15 PM
Contact Sears and you should be able to get the manual. A drill chuck and a router bit chuck can be mounted on the threaded shaft. You will have to get instructions the properly align the saw. It's important to follow the steps in order to get the saw set up properly.

Dave Rose
08-08-2008, 2:18 PM
Here’s the owners manual.
www.owwm.com/files/PDF/Craftsman/113-19771.pdf

Pete Simmons
08-08-2008, 2:57 PM
Check out

http://www.radialarmsawrecall.com/

You may get a new table and guard - Free

John Wibbenmeyer
08-08-2008, 3:26 PM
I appreciate the replies, Now,,, time to get back to woodworkin again,Again Thank You

Joe Scharle
08-08-2008, 3:36 PM
I sometimes use a flexible shaft with mine. Good idea to remove the blade though!

Bill White
08-08-2008, 6:39 PM
Long time no see ya'll
I bought a radial arm saw at an auction last week. I think its a 1977 model,but know its a craftsman brand
Opposite the blade side there is a male threaded rod that looks like a drill chuck could be screwed to it. A plate around it says it can be used for drilling,sanding,shaping,and routering.
Anyone out there know what type of R A S this is? The model # is 113.19771.
Id appreciate it.Thanks.

It is an Emerson. I bought mine in 1978. Still use it, and it has proven to be a good saw. Tune/align properly. It will work well with thin kerf blades.
Bill

Peter Quinn
08-08-2008, 7:05 PM
My dad has that model. He had a drum sander, a molding head with a guard, maybe a drill chuck? I recall the sander working well, don't think I ever saw him use the drill chuck, and the molder head was one of the scariest things I have ever seen. The arm is just not rigid enough to sustain that kind of lateral force in my experience. Good luck.

Jeff Bratt
08-08-2008, 7:47 PM
I've used the sanding drum - it works fine, just use a light touch since the drum is rotating at 3600 rpm - twice as fast as most spindle sanders. I've also used the chuck - for a specific compound angle routing operation - in a soft wood. That 3600 rpm is really too slow for routing, though.

Sears still sells the sanding sleeves - don't know about the drum though...