PDA

View Full Version : New Here

todd johnson
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
New to the board here in Clarksville, TN. Stumbled upon this site and love it - many very informative and experienced people here. Retired from the army last year and started woodworking as a hobby which has grown into it's own job. I do it in the evening and weekends, still have to have a full time job to support the "hobby" and the family. I've been making household items - hinged mirrors, tv/dvd stands, etc., all flatwork, no turning. look forward to getting to know some of ya'll.

Heather Thompson
08-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Hi Todd,

I to stumbled upon this site last October, let me warn you about the cash issues! Since I fell into the water (Creek) last year I have spent alot of cash, but all good money spent, these folks know their stuff. This is a great place to learn, share and even disagree, the mods keep that in line.

Heather

glen box
08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I am new here too. I have only been posting here for a few weeks. This is the best ww forum I have ever been to. All the members here have been nothing but nice and hospitable. I have been doing ww for about 13 yrs and In the few weeks here I have allready learned a few new tricks. The proper form here for newbiees, I belive, is to show pics of your shop if you have them:).

If you want to know something just ask. Someone here is bound to know the answer.

Colin Giersberg
08-08-2008, 12:38 PM
While I am also relatively new here, I would like to extend a heartfelt welcome from our humble abode.

Regards, Colin

todd johnson
08-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I am new here too. I have only been posting here for a few weeks. This is the best ww forum I have ever been to. All the members here have been nothing but nice and hospitable. I have been doing ww for about 13 yrs and In the few weeks here I have allready learned a few new tricks. The proper form here for newbiees, I belive, is to show pics of your shop if you have them:).

If you want to know something just ask. Someone here is bound to know the answer.

would show pics of the shop but it's just a two car garage that i've mostly taken over - after i build the storage shed, i'll take the rest. I'll post a few pics of a few items that I recently made on the projects portion of the board. As for hardware that I have, I'm slowly getting more as there is no such thing as enough - what I have so far is a 14" bandsaw, tablesaw, sliding compound miter, router (no table built yet), floor model drill press. Still waiting for a good deal on a jointer and a better table saw.

Belinda Barfield
08-08-2008, 1:03 PM
Welcome Todd, and our other new members I missed welcoming when they joined! As you've already found, the Creek is a great resource.

If any of you are attending IWF don't miss the Sticky at the top of the General Woodworking forum for information about where to meet and greet other Creekers.

I look forwad to seeing pics of the work you guys produce.

Richard M. Wolfe
08-08-2008, 5:51 PM
Welcome, Todd. You might be surprised how many people you can help out. :)

Just remember; do as I say, not as I do. :D

todd johnson
08-08-2008, 6:12 PM
Welcome, Todd. You might be surprised how many people you can help out. :)

Just remember; do as I say, not as I do. :D

I'll pitch in if, where and when I can.

mark page
08-08-2008, 6:13 PM
Welcome to the family. We all are scattered over states and even continents, but once you get to know us all, we are all like family here. I feel like I know some people here that I haven't met in person better than some of my neighbors I have met in person. Lots of good info sharing here from all levels of craftsmen.