PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
08-08-2008, 5:54 AM
Friday August 8, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

After some much needed rain on Monday, this week has been spectacular, with temps right at 80 during the day and in the mid to upper 50's at night. Can't really ask for better weather.

Tonight begins two weeks of sports drama with the opening of the Bejing Olympics. I'm sure I'll be watching a few of the sports. Our cable company has even added two channels for Olympic coverage. Basketball and Soccer.

I hope to continue working on the flag display case this weekend as well as maybe get in a round of golf. The weather is supposed to be just like it's been this week, so outdoor activities should be no problem. I'll have to save some time for watching the Watkins Glen race on Sunday.

So, what's up in your neck of the woods? Some fun? Games? Relaxation? Honey Do's?

Whatever it may be I hope it's enjoyable and provides you with a great weekend.

As always though, BE SAFE! Have a great weekend.

Karl

Craig McCormick
08-08-2008, 7:36 AM
Were headed up north to the cabin to relax in the cool pines and scrubby little oaks. Lots of naps, good food, and some antiquing.

Enjoy yours,

Craig McCormick

George Sanders
08-08-2008, 8:35 AM
I'm going to an auction down the street to try and buy a Delta lathe. I'll go down early, get the model number, walk 2 blocks back to my house and see what that model usually goes for. This technique worked well for me when I bought a little used PC biscuit joiner last year. Hopefully I will win a new to me lathe.

Jim Becker
08-08-2008, 10:09 AM
My weekend will consist of a fun-filled day of roller coasters in a belated celebration of my older daughter's 13th birthday (oy!) and a bunch of landscaping work. My business travel to Singapore last week killed two weekends, so at least I get one this time around, however!

Dewey Torres
08-08-2008, 10:12 AM
More landscape work and possibly (however slight) getting started on the Morris chair build!

Tyler Howell
08-08-2008, 1:11 PM
Home from a couple days of fishing. No keepers.
You should have seen the one that got away:rolleyes:.

Work on the tour boat for a sun set cruise tonight and day tours Sun.
Shop time and yard work tomorrow.
A little target shooting as well.

Have to pull the anchor windlass on Monday for repairs.
Have a safe weekend.

Nancy Laird
08-08-2008, 1:14 PM
Boy! Do I have a busy weekend ahead? YES!! I have about 60 plaques to run for the State Fair - tweak the designs on the computer, laser them (at about 35 minutes per), then was, color, wax, label, and wrap. And two cutting jobs for another customer and a batch of name tags for yet another customer. I have a feeling that my poor LOML is going to be eating frozen dinners all weekend! Since I'll be gone from home (and the lasers) from the 21st through September 2 or 3, I had to get them done before I leave. Oy!! I'll surely be ready for my vacation at the end of the month!

glenn bradley
08-08-2008, 1:46 PM
I have some hand shaping on eight legs and some breadboard ends to machine. Then its south to visit mom and dad for a Sunday.

Brad Schmid
08-08-2008, 2:40 PM
After being away from the Creek for most of the summer, it's good to come back and see what everyone's up to these days:cool:

For me it's dinner on the grill tonight and some relaxation, tomorrow will be spent shooting at the range (practicing for IDPA match) and some yard work, Sunday church and more yardwork... TS Edouard was good for the grass ;)

Hope ya'll have a great weekend.
Cheers,