PDA

View Full Version : The new Dashboard is great but...

James Mooney
08-07-2008, 1:52 PM
Peck, if you're listening will you really pester the teckies into building in a time estimator into the next upgrade!

I'm pulling my hair out, wasting my time doing dry runs and loosing money when I incorrectly under/overestimate a run time of 1 hour 30 minutes because I couldn't afford the time to confirm prior to quoting :mad:

Just kidding!

But no, seriously...!

Joe Pelonio
08-07-2008, 2:19 PM
James, I think we all agree with you on that. With time people get better at estimating based on past experience, though a bad guess can cost you a lot.

James Mooney
08-07-2008, 2:52 PM
Glad I'm not the only one Joe! But it does seem to me to be a ludicrous omission

Peck Sidara
08-07-2008, 3:20 PM
James,

I agree, a time estimator would be a very nice/useful feature. I'll include it in my wishlist +1.

James Mooney
08-07-2008, 3:24 PM
Thanks Peck. And maybe bring it up each week at the internal Epilog progress meetings :D

Bruce Volden
08-07-2008, 4:40 PM
Hey!! Can I pick on Peck too?

How about a "blank skip" feature? Imagine the letter H being rastered, if there is no area to engrave the driver will automatically accelerate the servo to warp speed (100%).

Glad I got this off my chest :D

Bruce

Frank Corker
08-07-2008, 5:10 PM
I think I know what Bruce is talking about, something on the lines of creating a border around a large picture, the printer driver forces it to go one line at a time on each side right the way down. I have in the past, to save time, created two border lines engraved one on the left hand side and then the one on the right seperately. I'm sure there must be a way that would reduce the time.

Bill Cunningham
08-07-2008, 8:37 PM
Because of the head travel over blank areas or the driver just not being smart enough to raster in the most efficient mode, I save tons of time by engraving for example, 5 individual Columns of 10 badges, than the entire area of 50 badges..

David Brasfield
08-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I think I know what Bruce is talking about, something on the lines of creating a border around a large picture, the printer driver forces it to go one line at a time on each side right the way down. I have in the past, to save time, created two border lines engraved one on the left hand side and then the one on the right seperately. I'm sure there must be a way that would reduce the time.

Make a "parts" file. In mine, I have multiple hairline rectangles stacked a few thousands each inside the last. I then group the vectors. You will want to make several different sizes so that the space doesn't get too great so that you see individual lines.

Use import in corel, grab the nearest size part, assign it a color then pull it to size.

In the laser driver, set that color to whatever speed/power settings you want and vector the outline instead of rastering it. Something like 100% speed, 10% power.

I hope that made sense, been a long day.

David

Bryan Cowan
08-08-2008, 7:39 AM
We would like an internal memory that lasts even after the machine has been shut off. Since we use the machine (FiberMark 20W) on the production floor, we constantly engrave the same items day-in and day-out. With only one shift, we like to turn the machine off every night. It would be nice to turn on the machine, arrow through the jobs and hit print rather than boot up the computer, load the program, adjust the settings, and hit print.

:)

Other than that, we're real happy with this piece of equipment.

Doug Griffith
08-08-2008, 10:07 AM
I would like the ability to save the z-axis setting on a per job basis. Even presets for common material thicknesses (ie .125, .187, .250) would be OK.

A notes field for material/job idiosyncrasies would be handy too.

Bill Cunningham
08-10-2008, 8:25 PM
Gee Is it too late to get a peltier device mounted on the side to keep the coffee hot, or the beer cold as seasonal requirements might dictate?... Just thought I would ask!!:D

Dee Gallo
08-10-2008, 8:36 PM
How about a self-cleaning laser, like my oven?

Frank Corker
08-11-2008, 7:12 AM
Well all the tongue in cheek aside, I have to be honest and say, I think the refridgerator in mine is actually broken. The light doesn't seem to come on and frankly, it's not very cold.

Jim Good
08-11-2008, 7:26 AM
Frank,

I think if you close your mini-blinds it'll help keep that sun from beating down on your beverages. Obviously, your Epilog is having a hard time keeping up with the extra heat. :D

Jim

Peck Sidara
08-11-2008, 9:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll be forwarding to management for consideration.