PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use The Exaktor EX26S Sliding Table ?

Chuck Tringo
08-07-2008, 12:57 PM
The Exaktor EX26S Sliding Table is currently selling for $331 on Amazon. Does anyone have this or used one before. It seems like a great price on a sliding table....a little more than some crosscut sleds/miter gauges, but not sure of the quality; there are no reviews on Amazon for it.

steven sherman
08-07-2008, 8:06 PM
I have the Exactor EX60. The quality of the sliding table is very good. The stainless steel rails and the carriage have held up very well over the past 4-5 years. I have had issues regarding the setup of the sliding table. It took a while to get it installed and calibrated. Once I have it set up I don't make many adjustments. The EX60 is good for cutting plywood panels.

CPeter James
08-07-2008, 9:10 PM
This is my set up. I have mine resting on angle iron braces extending from the saw rather than on the floor. This makes it more stable in relation to the saw. I have had mine about 8 years and find it very useful.

CPeter

http://home.metrocast.net/~cpjvkj/pm66.jpg

Chuck Tringo
08-08-2008, 7:19 AM
hmmmm......just went down to $298, only 3 left in stock....

Chuck Tringo
08-08-2008, 7:50 AM
Ok, so heres my next silly question, right now I have a BD CI router table extenstion to the left of the blade, I will have to move that to the right side, as well as slide the rails right. I wouldn't want it hanging right off of the side however as the rails would be about 42-45 inches to the right. I don't want to put a table board to the outside of it as it will limit access to the RT. I was also worried about hanging it on the far end of the table board for weight issues; although I could build a support cabinet for the RT and table board; Im not sure if I would like the look of Iron then Board then Iron, and it would make for maintenance on 2 tables instead of 1. Any ideas ?

Chuck Tringo
08-08-2008, 11:41 AM
ever feel like your talking to yourself ? I guess my decision was made for me, someone pulled the trigger befoer me and bought one, now only 2 left...and the price is back up to $725 LoL. 110% + increase hehe :p oh well, something else will come along im sure :D

Mark Smith, too
08-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Chuck,

When something like this comes up you can put the item in your cart and pay for it by check. You then have 60 days to cancel the order, get your check in, or change your method of payment. Amazon's legal way to buy a little decision time.