PDA

View Full Version : miniture turnings

Bobby McCarley
08-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Had some spare shop time, I used up some of my scraps to make these.
Candleholders made with dymondwood along with candles made with corian and a set of side tables or plant stands, maybe, made out bloodwood. I really enjoy doing minitures, but the wife is always asking when I'm going to make her some big bowls or something.

Boby
Louisiana

Jim Underwood
08-07-2008, 12:31 PM
I really enjoy doing minitures, but the wife is always asking when I'm going to make her some big bowls or something.

Heh. I know exactly what you mean....;)

I keep turning stuff and my wife is unimpressed because she wants a bigger bowl.

So I made a "bigger" bowl the other day on a friends lathe - you just can't turn a 16 inch bowl on a mini - y'know?- and then she thought it was too big.

Can't win.:rolleyes:

Oh yes. Nice mini's. They are fun aren't they!:)

Bernie Weishapl
08-07-2008, 2:19 PM
Very nice mini turnings. Well done.

Ben Gastfriend
08-07-2008, 3:43 PM
These things are so cool! Great job. All it takes is real tiny tools, real soft cuts, and alot of patience.

michael gallagher
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
I think being able to do something at that scale is really neat.....and looking at it, I'd be willing to bet you little girls would love to have that for thier doll collections (I know mine would)!

Bobby McCarley
08-08-2008, 6:24 AM
Thanks for the comments, they are always appreciated.

And yes, the granddaughters raid my miniature collection on a regular basis for their Barbie doll house and I just found out yesterday that we have another granddaughter on the way in December, so I guess I'll have to double up on the miniature

Bobby
Louisiana