PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if any Buckeye fans has seen this (56k warning)

Justin Leiwig
08-07-2008, 7:12 AM
Jim Tressel is a closet woodworker and has a great appreciation for all woodworkers. These are pictures of his office that I found online. It is all maple with mahogany accents. I think it looks amazing!

I may incorperate a few of the designs for my up coming man room remodel in my house! :cool:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bigchevman/tresselsoffice.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bigchevman/tresselsoffice2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bigchevman/tresselsoffice7.jpg

Justin Leiwig
08-07-2008, 7:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bigchevman/tresselsoffice4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bigchevman/tresselsoffice3.jpg

Justin Leiwig
08-07-2008, 7:15 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bigchevman/tresselsoffice5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/bigchevman/tresselsoffice6.jpg

Bob Noles
08-07-2008, 7:28 AM
All I can say is............ WOW! WOW! WOW!

That is FANTASTIC!

Ted Torres
08-07-2008, 8:43 AM
Wow, what a "SWEET" looking Office (Really)! :D

Ted

Jim Becker
08-07-2008, 8:50 AM
That really is a and office with a very "woodworking" oriented splendor! Nice!

Mark Valsi
08-07-2008, 9:00 AM
THE BEST DAMN COACH IN THE LAND !!

Go Buckeyes !!

Matt Ellis
08-07-2008, 9:50 AM
did he do the work himself? very impressive if he did so...even if he can't coach a team to a national championship! :p

alex grams
08-07-2008, 10:09 AM
I just can't help but notice with all of that beautiful work he has CEILING TILES!!!!

WHY?!?!

Other than that, awesome work.
Very nice, clean and sharp looking setup.

Dave Sabo
08-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I just can't help but notice with all of that beautiful work he has CEILING TILES!!!!

...........................and no windows.

WHY? because as nice as it is - it's in a government building and comes with all the regulations that go along with such.

Ted Torres
08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
THE BEST DAMN COACH IN THE LAND!!

If not, he's sure the best damn WW coach in the land! :D

Anyway, who ever is the skill behind the project, it has made the work area Very Attractive!

Russ Sears
08-07-2008, 2:43 PM
Is that an old Lloyd Car voodoo doll on the top shelf?

alex grams
08-07-2008, 2:55 PM
Russ, in regards to the voodoo doll, there are one of two possible answers to your question.

1.) That has to be the most effective voodoo doll EVER

or

2.) He doesn't need the help to beat Michigan...

Charles Green
08-07-2008, 7:41 PM
Aren't the Buckeyes the same as the Buffalo Bills? Are they the ones that get beat in the national championship game by the SEC every year?

Just checking. Impressive woodworking.

Jay Yoder
08-07-2008, 8:37 PM
If he really did do all that, quite impressive, if not, still impressive...

as for the haters...he at least beats who he is supposed to. Voodoo doll unnecessary or even needed... Remember last year they were picked i believe 3rd in the big 11.

anyhow...awesome office!!

Justin Leiwig
08-08-2008, 7:31 AM
If he really did do all that, quite impressive, if not, still impressive...

as for the haters...he at least beats who he is supposed to. Voodoo doll unnecessary or even needed... Remember last year they were picked i believe 3rd in the big 11.

anyhow...awesome office!!

I didn't start this thread for people to hate on the coach, just to admire the office. I don't believe that he did any of the woodwork though. He's too busy getting ready for another national championship game appearance. :D

But since you all started it :D....tell me this

Who in the SEC has produced...

overall record of 73-16 (.820 % winning) in first seven seasons
seven bowl appearances (including five BCS games) in seven seasons
four top five finishes in seven seasons
five ten win seasons in seven seasons
four conference titles in seven seasons
one national championship (2002)
three national championship appearances in seven seasons
first Division I-A school to record a 14-0 season (2002)
first Division I-A school to go wire-to-wire at the top BCS spot (2006)
most academic all-Big Ten selections each of his years as coach
only coach in football history to win National Coach of the Year at two different schools
record 14 players drafted into the NFL in one class (2006)
first team in history to acheive a perfect BCS rankings score (2006)

Ok...I'll wait for the haters to produce statistics even close from the SEC....

Grant Davis
08-08-2008, 7:38 AM
Justin, it could not have been said any better.

Also if you want to see some great Buckeye woodworking, have Mark Valsi post some of his pieces......FANTASTIC

Tim Thomas
08-08-2008, 8:19 AM
The woodworking:

That office makes me drool. If my wife would let me, and if I could afford it, and my skills were up to the challenge, (that is a lot of qualifications) my whole house would look like that. Thanks for posting all those large photos. It is hard to do justice to something like that with pictures, but they get the point across pretty well.

-----------------------------
About the football stuff: (:D:):D:))

When Ohio state comes down to the SEC and produces those numbers, we can talk. Right now they are 0-10 versus SEC opponents. It really isn't impressive to me at all that Ohio state keeps producing winning seasons because THEY DON'T PLAY ANYBODY! :D I'm pretty sure that if I were to play on a Pee-Wee League baseball team that I would dominate completely. Probably bat around .750 with 125 homeruns in a season, but that wouldn't make me a baseball star. I would feel no sense of pride in accepting an MVP honor or lifting a trophy. "Woo-hoo! I beat a bunch of 8 year olds!" A champion is defined by his opponents much more than his accomplishments. Ohio State's numbers are meaningless because the quality of their overall conference just isn't there. That isn't their fault, but it does keep you from having an apples-to-apples number comparison.

I'm not saying that Ohio State is terrible, they are clearly a good team. But you can never really tell if they are "great" on a given year because they are so rarely tested by their competition. They are one of the only dominant teams in that area of the country, so they attract nearly ALL of the decent high school talent. The runner-ups go to other schools and Ohio State stomps them year after year. This just can't happen in the SEC. The high schools with great talent are so numerous down here that you wind up with lots of very good college teams in the same conference. And that balanced competition forges the absolute hands-down toughest football conference in the country. You want proof?

http://www.secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=2&url_article_id=6307&change_well_id=2

:) By the way this is all in good fun :)

Also, I will add that football in Alabama scares the heck out of me. My wife tried to explain to me how important it is to a lot of people here, and I just couldn't wrap my head around it until we moved here. Some people treat football as a religion, but there are folks around this part of the country that treat it as a CULT! :eek::eek: Fanaticism doesn't even BEGIN to describe it. I live only about 5 miles from the famous Hoover high school. I seriously think that team could beat a fair number of college squads. Scary, scary stuff.

Neal Clayton
08-08-2008, 9:13 AM
i've lived in arkansas/louisiana most of my life and am the worst of biased SEC sports fans, but even i like jim tressel. i can't remember him ever saying an ill word about anyone else in public, and he's not one of the people that you see constantly giving canned answers in interviews, he's intelligent and articulate whenever i've seen him. he's one of the few class acts in college football imo.

Charles Green
08-08-2008, 9:40 AM
All in good fun but would his record be that good if he played in a tough conference?

I believe The Ohio State is 0-9 vs. SEC teams. Just a random statistic.

Don't take me too serious though. I'm not a big fan but I work at LSU and have worked at Ohio State also.

Ted Torres
08-08-2008, 10:32 AM
I didn't start this thread for people to hate on the coach, just to admire the office. I don't believe that he did any of the woodwork though. He's too busy getting ready for another national championship game appearance. :D

BTW, Thanks for showcasing Jim's beautiful office, Justin! It has Most of us WW'ers Drooling!!!

About all of the Football jabs...no hate, just All in Fun :D! Athletic competition and their success\failures are certainly a Far 2nd to the schools PRIMARY reason for existence, An Education...and they All do that Very Well!!! ;)

Time to get back making Sawdust! Hmmm, those trimmed out shelves gives me some great ideas to....:)

Ted

Craig Reynolds
08-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Coach Tressel's office was done on-site with a few exceptions, such as the cabinet doors, by a local millwork company. The maple with mahogany accents really does add a nice touch. If I can find one, I'll post a picture of some of the doors, which are maple with a mahogany "Block-O" in the middle.

Justin Leiwig
08-08-2008, 2:45 PM
Coach Tressel's office was done on-site with a few exceptions, such as the cabinet doors, by a local millwork company. The maple with mahogany accents really does add a nice touch. If I can find one, I'll post a picture of some of the doors, which are maple with a mahogany "Block-O" in the middle.

I would love that and any more information and pictures you can offer. The craftsmanship is outstanding, and not just because I'm a BuckNut!

It really isn't impressive to me at all that Ohio state keeps producing winning seasons because THEY DON'T PLAY ANYBODY!

Ohio State 2007 Schedule
Sat, Sep 01 Youngstown State 7-4
Sat, Sep 08 Akron 4-8
Sat, Sep 15 Washington 4-9
Sat, Sep 22 Northwestern 6-6
Sat, Sep 29 Minnesota 1-11
Sat, Oct 06 Purdue 8-5
Sat, Oct 13 Kent State 3-9
Sat, Oct 20 Michigan State 7-6
Sat, Oct 27 Penn State * 9-4
Sat, Nov 03 Wisconsin * 9-4
Sat, Nov 10 Illinois * 9-4
Sat, Nov 17 Michigan * 9-4

LSU 2007 Schedule
Thu, Aug 30 Mississippi St. 8-5
Sat, Sep 08 Virginia Tech * 11-3
Sat, Sep 15 Middle Tennessee 5-7
Sat, Sep 22 South Carolina * 6-6
Sat, Sep 29 Tulane 4-8
Sat, Oct 06 Florida * 9-4
Sat, Oct 13 Kentucky * 8-5
Sat, Oct 20 Auburn * 9-4
Sat, Nov 03 Alabama 7-6
Sat, Nov 10 Louisiana Tech 5-7
Sat, Nov 17 Ole Miss 3-9
Fri, Nov 23 Arkansas 8-5

* Denote a team that was ranked in the top 25 during the season.

LSU only played one more ranked team than Ohio St. during the regular season. So is it safe to say that LSU didn't play anyone either? :D Both Teams played 8 teams that had winning records last season. I'd say they were fairly well matched, but the better team one. I'm ok with admitting that. Anything an SEC person says against OSU only cheapens their win. I try not to do that.

Was Ohio State not playing anybody when they played #2 Texas in 2006?

Or how about this year when they play #1 USC (or #2 depending on which poll you follow)?

I'm sorry but that not playing anyone story is really weak attempt to shoot down the fact that Ohio St. in the Tressel era will be one for the record books.

Dan Gill
08-08-2008, 3:00 PM
I don't know or care about college football, but that is a seriously nice office setup.

Scott Vigder
08-08-2008, 3:51 PM
Coach Tressel also won FOUR national championships at Div 1-AA Youngstown State and was selected Coach of the Year FOUR times while at YSU.

And along with his father Lee, they are the only father-son duo to win college football championships. That is cool. :cool:

As for his record against Michigan, well, you can ask coach Cooper how important that is.

O-H

:D

James Ayars
08-16-2008, 3:21 PM
Anyone have pics of the head of the physics department's office?

And you guys are all wrong on the best team. Butch Davis and the Tarheels.....this is going to be their year!;)

James