PDA

View Full Version : Trusses are in!! shop progress

Brad Hammond
04-29-2004, 9:23 PM
well, after about 5 hrs of crane time yesterday we got the trusses set and started the lathing and some of the inside walls. we've got some storms coming this weekend so i wanted some extra bracing to tie everything together.
next week: a little flooring, a little lathing, a little carnish and more osb. and a roof...then its off to the races with vinyl and finishing the inside. i guess that's when the fun starts.
thanx for looking ya'll
cya
brad

Jim Becker
04-29-2004, 9:28 PM
Amazing how the size and proportions start to jump out once you get that structure up like that! 'Lookin' great, Brad. Thanks for keeping us posted...

John Miliunas
04-29-2004, 9:50 PM
Too cool, Brad! :D Bet you're excited as all get-out! I know I would be. But, what's with the scarecrow on top of the shop?! :eek: :cool:

Frank Pellow
04-29-2004, 10:18 PM
Thats going to be one gigantic shop!

Dean Baumgartner
04-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Looking real good Brad. You'll love all that space. Especially all the storage space in the loft.

Dean

Chris Padilla
04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Egad, Brad!! That thing's bigger 'n my house!!! Yowza!! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
04-29-2004, 10:51 PM
Brad........I am green with envy I did, however, take my plans to the city today. I just a couple of weeks or months.........behind you. Nice looking framework! It looks HUGE!:D

Ken

Ken Salisbury
04-30-2004, 6:56 AM
Man - I am gonna have to take a drive over there and check that out ! ! ! !

Tyler Howell
04-30-2004, 8:28 AM
[QUOTE=Ken Fitzgerald]Brad........I am green with envy I did, however, take my plans to the city today. I just a couple of weeks or months.........behind you. Nice looking framework! It looks HUGE!:D

Even I'm turning green and that's a challenge. Too nice.;)

Brad Hammond
04-30-2004, 11:01 AM
WAY WAY TOO FUNNY TYLER!!!

thanx for all the compliments guys. as you can imagine this has been a dream for a long time and i've been lucky enough to light the fuse early. things just kinda fell into place.
my mom and dad are starting their house after my shop is finished (i'm on the framing crew as well......) and my wife and i will start a house next spring, so between building theirs and my cabinets, mantles and such it seemed like the right time to build. i think i can get moved in before the cabinets start. it's gonna be close.

the other huge compliment came from the "main guy" on our framing crew. he'd always told me i wouldn't be happy with the broken roof line with a gambrel roof, but after we set all the trusses we took lunch about 200 yrds from the building and he said really really liked it after he saw it. you all know the guy who honest and truly knows everything and always has the smart answer to the toughest probs. we always want that guys respect so it was nice of him to say that.

ken, come on over!! i'd welcome some good advice on my ideas for setup.

thanx ya'll i'll post a pic of the metal roof when it's put on.

cya'll
brad

Brad Hammond
04-30-2004, 11:03 AM
I forgot to tell you the best part.
when the young lady at the bank typed up the papers for us she kept writing my address as "country toad 50" instead of the correct "county road 50". she apologized and apologized. it wasnt a big deal at all, but she was a bit of an inspiration, so the name of the workshop is officially

the country toad workshop

like it?

Jim Becker
04-30-2004, 11:34 AM
the country toad workshop"Most Excellent" name, Brad! Now you need the boys and girls to start contributing sign ideas... :D Maybe a toad in Bill Grumbine's country hat?

Chris Padilla
04-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Great story and a great name!

Mark Singer
04-30-2004, 12:19 PM
Great looking shop!

Bruce Page
04-30-2004, 1:33 PM
WoW Brad! With the framing & trusses up we can see the size of your shop -

BIG!

I'm also green with envy. :D

Dan Mages
05-02-2004, 12:06 AM
I think your shop is as big as my house!!

Dan

Kelly C. Hanna
05-02-2004, 12:23 AM
It's bigger than both the last two houses I've lived in put together! Wow...what a shop. How many sq.ft. is it?

Tyler...you are a funny man!