PDA

View Full Version : Needed a little nudging to get on with some turning....

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2008, 7:04 PM
My wife volunteered my turning skills to her Mom's church bazaar in Illinois. I tried a missfired attempt at a inside-out turning last week. I'll be back for some more of that. So last week I turned 6 pens and my wife wants some bottlestoppers and a small bowl.'

Then I saw Jackie's thread about 6,000 pens for the USS Abraham Lincoln. Being a sucker for fellow swabbies, I ordered some FPP pen kits from Jackie.

In the meantime, some family members have been really looking out for my MILs interests since my FIL passed away. Sharon and I feel like we owe them something that we'll never be able to repay with her Mom in IL and the two of us in Idaho. So....I ordered some special pen kits and blanks from Arizona Sihouette yesterday.

It looks like it'll be the b/s this weekend and then a bunch of pens for FPP.

It's coming back!

Steve Schlumpf
08-06-2008, 7:07 PM
Ken - sounds like you about to get busy! Looking forward to the photos! Have fun with it!

robert hainstock
08-06-2008, 7:13 PM
Enjoy the RR while you can Ken. all to soon health issues take over your life. PICTURES.:)
Bob

Ken Fitzgerald
08-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Well....2 down and 36 to go.

I found 2 sets of blanks I'd glued up last fall and had never turned. So this evening I got those turned, finished and assembled. I'm about to go to the shop and start cutting and drilling pen blanks for the 30 for FPP.

I have a commitment to turn those bottlestopper this weekend and then it's pens for a couple of weeks.

Bernie Weishapl
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Ken you had better get on the stick. Sounds like you are going to be busy for a while. If you are like me when the LOYL buys you new tools or lets you buy them you sure hate to say no.

Steve Clardy
08-07-2008, 8:10 PM
Get-er-done :p