PDA

View Full Version : black marble

Allen Isakson
08-06-2008, 3:18 AM
hey everyone. I have found several places that sell pure black marble as they call it Radiant black, but the problem is they have a min order number of a hundred peices and i dont really need that much even tho the price is good.
So here we go again, anyone know where one can pick up a smaller quantity say ten tiles or so.

Dont want to do the laserbits thing there prices are high and there is material out there just as good if not better. just need to find that right supplier.

Have a great day all.

Joe Pelonio
08-06-2008, 7:17 AM
Sometimes Home Depot and Lowe's have it. They also have it at tile stores,
such as Tile Town and Tile for Less.

Allen Isakson
08-06-2008, 4:25 PM
Ive been to Lowes and home depot and menards in several states and have yet to see black marble there. It is black granite they carry. I have also called on several tile stores and the first response is yes we have it, I ask again are you sure its not granite. They check and it always comes back....oh it is granite....

I found a place in dayton ohio that is a wholeseller for radiant black marble but i would have to drive there and pick it up for a order less then 100 tiles.
Ill keep looking thanks

Bob Keyes
08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Allen,

I have found that absolute black granite engraves as well as black marble. I just bought a case from Lowes yesterday. Do you have to have marble?

Joe Pelonio
08-07-2008, 7:01 AM
Ive been to Lowes and home depot and menards in several states and have yet to see black marble there. It is black granite they carry. I have also called on several tile stores and the first response is yes we have it, I ask again are you sure its not granite. They check and it always comes back....oh it is granite....

I swear I have gotten it at ours. Yes, they always seem to have granite, and the marble only occasionally. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Janet Liddiard
08-07-2008, 1:00 PM
I've been using the black marble from MS International. They gave me a local distributor in my area and I paid $3.80 for eaxch 12x12 tile. I ordered about 100 square feet, but I'm guessing they'd let you do less.

The edges aren't finished, but we just stain them and they look good. We've been pleased with the quality.

If you contact our local person (info below), I'm guessing he would ship you a small quantity.

His name is Less with Utah Wholesale Interior and his phone number is 801-604-5099.

Duane Parcells
08-07-2008, 4:30 PM
The Home Depot stores near me get marble in 3 or 4 times a year. Out of that they only get the black in once or twice. They always have black granite. They usually have white marble that works well with cermark. The quality of the white can be iffy at times. Never tried to order it at Home Depot. Could be worth a try.

Bill Cunningham
08-07-2008, 8:27 PM
I'm not sure if they ship to the U.S. ,but may have a affliate there..
http://www.richwoodline.com (http://www.richwoodline.com/)

Allen Isakson
08-08-2008, 3:33 AM
:)Thanks all for the help. And to you also Janet your contact was great and friendly to talk to. He said he would be more then happy to send the quantity i needed. Thanks again.

Allen

Albert Nix
08-08-2008, 10:23 AM
I have three boxes of absolute black granite that I picked up at Home depot. They don't a;ways have it though. 5 peices for like 28 bucks I think.

Joe Pelonio
08-08-2008, 11:11 AM
I stopped yesterday at our local "Tile for Less" where they always had black marble. This time none. I asked, and they have only "tumbled" in 18"x18" and 24"x24", no polished at all.

He didn't know why, but they ran out 2 months ago and do not expect any more to come in as it's been discontinued.