PDA

View Full Version : Minor Pre-Gloat

Brian Hale
04-29-2004, 4:45 PM
Just got off the phone with Wilke. This Saturday morning i'll be picking up a Bridgewood 6" jointer and HTC mobile base. A spare set of knifes also. I'm thinking about picking up the small dust collector since i don't have one but we'll see.

Kinda makes me tingly inside... :rolleyes:

Brian :)

Chris Padilla
04-29-2004, 6:50 PM
Be sure to post some pics, Brian! We like pics! :)

Steve Clardy
04-29-2004, 7:13 PM
Yes. Pics. New tools are always a great gloat.

Brian Hale
05-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Well i'm back from Wilke.

I picked up the 6" Bridgewood jointer and HTC mobile base along with a Bridgewood DC. LOML was with me and chatting with the sales guy Tom and when he mentioned the price increases coming in the next couple months she suggested i get a saw also! OK i said. So i also brought home a BW10LTS 10" saw with 50" comercial fence!!!:D

Pics to follow....

Brian :D

Dean Baumgartner
05-01-2004, 4:51 PM
Well i'm back from Wilke.

I picked up the 6" Bridgewood jointer and HTC mobile base along with a Bridgewood DC. LOML was with me and chatting with the sales guy Tom and when he mentioned the price increases coming in the next couple months she suggested i get a saw also! OK i said. So i also brought home a BW10LTS 10" saw with 50" comercial fence!!!:D

Pics to follow....

Brian :D

Brian,
Major Score!! Both the tools and the Wife for telling you to get the saw as well. I've had the BW10LTS for about 2 months now and it's just a world better then my old delta. Make sure you have some help around when you uncrate it. The saw is bolted to the pallet and you have to lay the saw down to get the bolts out. It was quite a challenge alone.

I worked on tuning up the saw and aligning everything last weekend. I'm pretty impressed with how easy this went. The arbor was less than 0.0005" radial runout and the arbor flange maybe just a shade over 0.0008" runout. When I checked the blade that came with it though I got almost 0.008". I put my old Freud blade on and was less than 0.002".

Check the fence angle iron for bow. The set that came with the saw was almost 0.25" bowed. Wilkie was great about sending out a replacement the next day. the replacement still had a little over 0.0625" bow but was usable.

Congratulations on all the new toys.

Dean

Ken Fitzgerald
05-01-2004, 9:31 PM
Brian,

Major Foul!!!!!! The tools you initially went to acquire should have been listed on this website as "A MAJOR GLOAT"!!!! AS SOON AS YOU CAME HOME WITH THEM AND THE TABLE SAW YOU SHOULD HAVE EDITED THE TITLE TO THIS THREAD TO READ "SO MAJOR A GLOAT I'M CONSIDERING A HEART ATTACK!" :p As a penalty for such a flagrant violation I think you ought to assemble said equipment and make sawdust 'till your heart tells you it's had enough. During this time period (it could be decades!), I wouldn't ignore the "honeydoo" list of the LOYL either. Congrats on the new tools and the spouse, too! :D :D :D

Tim Morton
05-01-2004, 9:41 PM
And a nice saturday turned into a major nice Saturday, Enjoy!!! On a side note why is it that wives have no problem with us buying tools, and like today even "push" for new tools. I was building a headdboard for our bed this morning and mentioned to my wife that a dado blade would be nice for making the grooves that I needed to slide the field into. But I told her for this project i could make several passes and be fine. We passed the dado blade at the local hardware store and I showed her the price $221 foir a 6" super dado....and she suggested i buy it( I didn't)...but this is the same woman who would Freak out if I wanted to replace my aging DVD player.

John Miliunas
05-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Major league scores, Brian! Can't say too much about the jointer, but I too have the BW10LTS and I simply LOVE it! :D I've had it for about 5 months or so now and use it...A LOT! Accuracy is dead-on and plenty of power. As soon as I get my current project finished up, I'm going to start on some jigs for it, as all my old Delta stuff was too small and I gave it all to my buddy, who bought it. I did modify the DC port to use a 6" take-off. The only other necessary mod I had to do (just recently) is to the set screws for the blade insert; they just wouldn't stay put. I couldn't find my "Locktite", so I zero'd them in and hit them with a spot of silly seal from the backside to keep them from turning out. Kind of a non-issue, as I'm going to start making my collection of ZC inserts pretty soon, as well. Have fun with both new toyls and congrats on having a super LOYL! :cool:

Brian Hale
05-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Yep, you guys are right; I've got a great lady!!

She made me promise that as soon as it was unloaded i'd spend the rest of the day with her working on the deck. OK, No problem. Sunday at 7:15 she leaves the house on a business trip for ~2 weeks so i'll plenty of uninteruped time to "bond with my stuff". So right now it's still sitting in the basement waiting for me.

I'll post some pics as i get it all together and pass on my thoughts about this stuff.....

Till then here's a shot just before we took it down the steps into the basement.

http://www.s94479206.onlinehome.us/assets/images/CRW_5904.jpg

Brian :D :D

Bruce Page
05-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Congrats Brian!! This is a story that you don't hear every day! I recommend some fine wine and candles when your LOML returns from her business trip!