PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Belinda Williamson

Mike Henderson
08-05-2008, 4:37 PM
In another thread, I mentioned a friend, Dan Lunsford, who I had served with in the Army but had lost contact with. Belinda contacted me and gave me a pointer to a web site with his name. Unfortunately, the reason his name was on that site is that he had passed away.

I contacted the web master and got contact information for his widow, Bonnie, and called her. She and I shared stories about Dan, and I was able to find out what he had done after we lost contact. I was able to tell her a few stories about Dan that she had not heard before.

While I really regret I was not able to find Dan earlier, it was good to finally learn more about what he had done after OCS.

Thanks, Belinda. I really appreciate you contacting me about that site.

Mike

Mike Cutler
08-05-2008, 5:14 PM
Mike

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. We always think there's time to "Hook up "with old friends, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way

A few weeks back I went to the website of the submarine I was on (USS Andrew Jackson) and found out that 4 of my friends, former shipmates, were on the "Eternal Patrol" list. (Deceased). It actually kinda bummed me out for awhile, and I haven't seen any of these guys for over 20 years.

It's really nice that Belinda was able to help re-establish a connection for you.
Well done Belinda.

Pete Simmons
08-05-2008, 5:28 PM
Mike is the Andrew Jackson the 619 boat?

If so I was on it as civilian Radcon while it was being refueled in Groton around 1975,76.

Belinda Barfield
08-05-2008, 6:11 PM
I am glad I could help Mike. It saddens me that the news wasn't better. I'm glad you had the chance to contact his family and share some memories. May he rest in peace.