PDA

View Full Version : Wildly OT: work related

Matthew Springer
04-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Greets Fellow Neanders,
Somwhat on topic: I may finally have enough shop cleared out to start dreambench 1.0, (the simple version). Stay tuned.

Completely OT: The downside of living in Silicon Valley is the tiny and expensive shop space. The upside is get to work for mighty Google, and in the course of my duties I have a couple extra invites for the new Gmail service. It's basically free email that doesn't suck. And no, despite all the hoopla, it's actually way more private than hotmail or yahoo. If anybody wants an account, let me know. All the cool neanderthals have one. :-}

-Matthew

Michael Perata
04-29-2004, 1:01 PM
Well, if your Google options aren't water logged, you should be able to afford a much MCUH bigger space any day now.

Matthew Springer
04-29-2004, 1:13 PM
Ha! No comment....

Hilariously, there's an NBC truck parked right outside my window even as I type. We've been thinking of holding up a sign that says "Help! Send computers!"

-Matthew

Chris Padilla
04-29-2004, 1:29 PM
I noticed you typed Silicon Valley as opposed to Silly-con Valley.... :)

You heading to Sacramento for the wood show on Saturday?

Matthew Springer
04-29-2004, 6:03 PM
At least I didn't type Silicone Valley. That would be Hollywood.

Hmmm...
I wasn't planning on it. I'm a little worried I'd come back with a MM16 or worse, some nice new LN chisels. Kinda tough to fit it in a Thunderbird (the bands*w, not the chisels). Until I actually _can_ afford a new workshop, I'm tryin' to save my pennies.

-matthew

Michael Perata
04-29-2004, 9:35 PM
Join Chris and myself. I can sell you on my MM16 and Chris can bore with all of the Felder stuff he has on his list.

Tom Sweeney
04-29-2004, 9:56 PM
Do me a favor & tell the powers that be to put your algorithims back the way they were before November - would ya? ;)

The real estate sites I design for my clients owned the Google rankings since there's been a Google. Now all of a sudden they play with the results & my sites have disapeared & I can't get them back to the top. :(

Just kidding & sorry to hijack your thread - go ahead & buy the MM16 - my Dad drove his T'Bird into my car in my driveway last week & it survived - yours should be Ok hauling a BS around :D

David Klug
04-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Matthew, I am interested in your e-mail. I have yahoo and the spam is getting to be a pain. BTW are you coming up to Sac for the wood show. Let me know and maybe we can get together.

DK

evad53@yahoo.com

Matthew Springer
04-30-2004, 12:14 PM
I've got a friend whose got the S45 MM. I've yet to wrangle time on it. My mian problem has been finding space and 230V outlets. I don't really have either. I've been trying to talk Google into sponsoring a corporate machine/wood shop, but so far no luck.

-Matthew

Doug Littlejohn
04-30-2004, 4:52 PM
Today driving in to work, I hear that Google is going public. Are you hearing the register ca-ching-ing??

Enjoy and please post pics of the workbench.

Michael Campbell
04-30-2004, 5:19 PM
Matthew,

Sent you a PM. (I only mention this since I find them almost impossible to notice when *I* get them...)

Clay Craig
05-04-2004, 1:03 AM
I'd love a gmail invite too, Matthew ...

Thanks!

Steve Wargo
05-04-2004, 8:56 AM
feel free to e-mail me any info. Thanks

Tyler Howell
05-04-2004, 9:07 AM
Do me a favor & tell the powers that be to put your algorithims back the way they were before November - would ya? ;)

The real estate sites I design for my clients owned the Google rankings since there's been a Google. Now all of a sudden they play with the results & my sites have disapeared & I can't get them back to the top. :(

Just kidding & sorry to hijack your thread - go ahead & buy the MM16 - my Dad drove his T'Bird into my car in my driveway last week & it survived - yours should be Ok hauling a BS around :D

HI Tom!
Haven't heard much from you lately how is the new business, shop, and life in general:confused: