PDA

View Full Version : value of WH molder at auction? help?

David Brown
04-29-2004, 11:52 AM
An old 1 w/ homemade table is coming up in my area, it has a wood tabel, open belt, molder ie clean, quiet and appear in good condition? It is a closed bid auction , what is it worth? Are they handy to have? I am a toolaholic by nature, so I am tempted, thanks, Dave :rolleyes:

Halsey MCCombs
04-29-2004, 3:27 PM
http://www.williamsnhussey.com/ this may giver you more info on the planer.I think they cost about 1800 new.Halsey

Eldon Berg
05-01-2004, 4:54 PM
I've seen old ones on homemade tables never go for less than 700-800 on ebay. They just don't wear out.

Eldon

John Miliunas
05-01-2004, 7:01 PM
David, believe it or not, I had one *given* to me a while back! :D It was in pretty rough shape, all rusty and whatnot. I hacked away at it with WD-40, etc... and, after all was said and done, I replaced the belt, one pulley and the cap on the motor. Several cans of spray paint later and I've got one kick-butt unit! Works great and this one has to be, at least 15 to 20 years old! At this stage, I'd have a hard time justifying buying a brand new one, but if the price is right on a used one, jump on it! :cool: