PDA

View Full Version : 1" thick material?

sasha
08-04-2008, 3:01 PM
Hello,

We have a 200 watt co2 laser that we primarily use for woodworking and veneer cutting. We just received a request for some cutouts in a 1" thick material. Oddly, it doesnt matter much what the material is.

The final panels will be about 5' x 9' and sandwiched between glass. The laser is to be used to cut a repeating pattern comprised of the company logo into some material that is 1" thick. The material will be cut and then sprayed with white lacquer. The pattern is such that it can be cut in sections and then assembled between the glass.

Do you fine folks have any ideas about a 1" thick material that can be cut by a 200 watt laser and will accept lacquer?

Thanks in advance!

Mike Null
08-04-2008, 4:03 PM
Does foam core come in that thickness?

James Stokes
08-04-2008, 5:04 PM
in 1inch material there are a lot of things you can cut. I have a 100 watt and I can cut oak, sign foam, acrylic, pine. These are things I know I can cut.

Sandra Force
08-05-2008, 12:07 PM
I run a 150w and 1 inch thick it easy for the most part. You can cut a good plywood with yours, by good I mean that there is little or no voids or laps in the veneer. I do quite a bit of 3/4" and 7/8" with little or no problem. I would be tempted to try foam or something alosn that line first for the difference in weight.