PDA

View Full Version : Smokin' Gun

Belinda Barfield
08-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Isn't this just an awesome grill? I wish it would fit on my condo "deck"!

It is not my intention to incite a firearms debate, so please kindly refrain. Grillin' methods debate welcome!

Lee DeRaud
08-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I like it!

Do they make one in "Glock"?

Belinda Barfield
08-04-2008, 1:03 PM
I like it!

Do they make one in "Glock"?

I don't know Lee. I'm thinking that with the revolver if you keep the heat source in the middle, mount a rack in each of the "bullet chambers", and add a motor to turn the cylinder you could have a killer (pun intended) rotisserie. :cool:

Lee Schierer
08-04-2008, 1:29 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to "grilling roadkill"

skip coyne
08-04-2008, 1:38 PM
there was one not to long ago on th local craigs list that was made to look like a 18 wheeler

the first picture and it looked just like a 18 wheeler , second picture showed it hooked up behind a pcikup to tow and it was half the size of the pickup

the smoke came out the stacks

he wanted 15k as I recall , he said it cost 25k to build

I would assume the pistol is set up so the smoke comes out the barrel

thanks for posting it

Belinda Barfield
08-04-2008, 2:15 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to "grilling roadkill"

You know what they say Lee, "You got to kill it before you can grill it."

I would assume the pistol is set up so the smoke comes out the barrel

thanks for posting it

I assume so also Skip. It would be a shame if that's not the case.

You're welcome.

Rob Russell
08-04-2008, 2:23 PM
This is a duplicate to this SMC thread which was started earlier (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=89532).

Belinda Barfield
08-04-2008, 2:25 PM
Sorry guys, I missed that one. Thanks for pointing this out to me Rob.

Scott Thomas
08-04-2008, 2:30 PM
Sweet! I want one.

Bob Moyer
08-04-2008, 2:56 PM
This is a duplicate to this SMC thread which was started earlier (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=89532).

Yea but this one was posted by a pretty woman holding a mint julep, the first one was posted by an old codger. It is obvious why this one is getting more attention.:rolleyes:

Belinda Barfield
08-04-2008, 3:06 PM
Yea but this one was posted by a pretty woman holding a mint julep, the first one was posted by an old codger. It is obvious why this one is getting more attention.:rolleyes:

Well thank you kindly sir for the compliment. I certainly didn't mean to step on your thread, I just missed it somehow. What is it they say, "Great minds think alike."? BTW, I don't think you're an old codger, you still just a young fizzle.;) I'm really gonna have to change my avatar . . .

Shawn Walker
08-04-2008, 4:10 PM

...Truer Words.... :p :D:D

David DeCristoforo
08-04-2008, 5:51 PM
What I want to know is how far does it shoot the ribs?

Heather Thompson
08-04-2008, 6:09 PM

David,

I just have to ask you, do you feel lucky!

Heather :D

David DeCristoforo
08-04-2008, 6:22 PM
Let's see... was that six ribs? Or five?

Belinda Barfield
08-04-2008, 8:23 PM

That's an excellent question David. I hadn't thought of that. Maybe one of our more tactical savvy folks can calculate distance and trajectories based on the length of the barrel, etc., and come up with an answer. I'm not sure of the powder load on ribs, but if they are dry rub it should be pretty high.

It was only five, Dirty Harry always saves the last bullet!

Clara Koss
08-04-2008, 10:29 PM
my son is a gun afficionado...i can't wait to show him your post...really cute...although cute is not a manly description....:p

Mark Rios
08-05-2008, 5:14 AM
my son is a gun afficionado...i can't wait to show him your post...really cute...although cute is not a manly description....:p

I don't know Clara, we call girls cute. :D:D:D

Phyllis Meyer
08-05-2008, 10:44 AM
My hubby will love this one, he's an excellent "grill man", and loves guns!

Phyllis:)

Bob Moyer
08-05-2008, 10:57 AM
Well thank you kindly sir for the compliment. I certainly didn't mean to step on your thread, I just missed it somehow. What is it they say, "Great minds think alike."? BTW, I don't think you're an old codger, you still just a young fizzle.;) I'm really gonna have to change my avatar . . .

You didn't step on my thread, by changing your avatar; you only amplified my previous comment.:D

Belinda Barfield
08-05-2008, 11:28 AM
My hubby will love this one, he's an excellent "grill man", and loves guns!

Okay Phyllis, I've been resisting the little devil telling me to post this. I'm doing it just for you.

When a man volunteers to BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:
Routine...
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray
along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to
the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion
zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding
activities can take place without the interference of the woman.
Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
More routine...
(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking
great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he
flips the meat.
Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE
WOMAN.
More routine...
(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils,
napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking
efforts.
(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off.' And,
upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no
pleasing some women.

C"MON, at least one of you is guilty!:D

Belinda Barfield
08-05-2008, 11:30 AM
:)Thank you again Mr. Moyer.

David DeCristoforo
08-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Man Cooking:
1) Make fire.
2) Throw on meat.

Dave Anderson NH
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
I don't know about the grillin' Belinda, but my most fond memories of Savannah are of some low country shrimp boils and oyster roasts. There used to be a guy there who'd drive up with his crew and set up the huge pots and burners, sawhorses with sheets of plywood with holes cut in the center, a refridgerated trailer with 4 beer taps, and picnic tables. The plywood tables had squeeze bottles of sauce and shucking knives on them and he'd dump baskets of oysters on the plywood and the empty shells would be dropped through the holes. I can just taste the big pots full of shrimp, sausage, red beans and rice, and the half ears of corn all spiced up nicely.

I probably shouldn't have typed this, because I'm starting to drool.:D

Belinda Barfield
08-05-2008, 1:30 PM
I don't know about the grillin' Belinda, but my most fond memories of Savannah are of some low country shrimp boils and oyster roasts. There used to be a guy there who'd drive up with his crew and set up the huge pots and burners, sawhorses with sheets of plywood with holes cut in the center, a refridgerated trailer with 4 beer taps, and picnic tables. The plywood tables had squeeze bottles of sauce and shucking knives on them and he'd dump baskets of oysters on the plywood and the empty shells would be dropped through the holes. I can just taste the big pots full of shrimp, sausage, red beans and rice, and the half ears of corn all spiced up nicely.

I'm glad to know you've enjoyed some of the dishes that so distinctly say "low country". Here's the solution to your problem. Make up a big ol' pot of low country boil and introduce all of your neighbors to it. :D Truly, the only way to serve low country boil (or Frogmore Stew) or oysters is outside with lots of newspaper and beer. Tell me I have to prepare a meal for 8 complete with china and crystal and I'll hide under the bed. But give me a hole in the ground, some fire wood, a dead pig, and a day to plan and I become the Martha Stewart of pasture parties! Go figure. I know all of the niceties, I just don't enjoy them. An informal oyster roast is just perfect for me.

Rod Sheridan
08-05-2008, 1:47 PM
It probably isn't available in Canada........Rod.

Curt Harms
08-05-2008, 2:00 PM

I just had lunch but I'm Hungry!!!:D:D

Phyllis Meyer
08-05-2008, 4:51 PM
You are absolutely correct! I will be printing that one out for sure!!!

Have a good one!

Paul Downes
08-06-2008, 1:08 PM
Jeezzz, some people have just too much time on their hands. I wonder what the cost was. Makes for some real expensive grilling. I am often accused of overbuilding equipment but I guess This one takes the cake!!

Bill Cunningham
08-10-2008, 9:43 PM
Ted Nugent would be Proud !!!..
Heck I buy one and use it to grill and sell hotdogs at the next Million Mom March..

Belinda Barfield
08-11-2008, 8:34 AM
Ted Nugent would be Proud !!!..
Heck I buy one and use it to grill and sell hotdogs at the next Million Mom March..

Nugent probably had this one built!

Marjorie Saws
08-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Nice revolver, I mean Grill.