PDA

View Full Version : First Picnic Table

Kenn Osborne
04-28-2004, 10:55 PM
Well I have been wanting to make a picnic table for a while now but we never had the room at our old house. Now that we moved I decided to make one. I looked on the net for some plans but decided to wing it. All in all it came out great. The only things that may pose a problem is the weight, it took 4 people to move it, and the wood, I used HD treated pine and the quality is not that great. I wish I would have payed a bit more and used cedar. I think we will enjoy it for years to come .... I just hope I don't have to move it too many times.

http://www.osbornewoodworks.com/images/webimages/IMG_0177.JPG

Jim Ketron
04-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Looks great!!

Got the ribs, hot dogs, burgers on the grill yet?:D
Jim

Frank Pellow
04-29-2004, 3:55 AM
I like the design. You certainly did a great job of winging it!

I have saved your picture in a file of items that I would like to build at my cabin (1000 kilometres away in Northern Ontario) sme day. If I get aroud to building the table, I will take your advice about using cedar.

aurelio alarcon
04-30-2004, 2:33 AM
Very nice table! I have been thinking of building one myself for the patio. I will probably do just as you did and wing it. Thanks for the idea.

John M. Cioffi
04-30-2004, 6:58 AM
Great table, Kenn,

That is just what i want for under my huge grape vine,to make an outside dining area;but my wife doesn't like picnic tables!
Hope you fully enjoy that beauty. It looks nice & heavy & balanced.

Kenn Osborne
04-30-2004, 1:48 PM
Thank you all for the nice comments. We will try to use it this weekend if weather permits. I just put a stone fire pit in our yard also. I think it will be nice to sit at the table and have a nice fire going, maybe have some smores or something. I am beginning to like the weight of the table now, we had a very windy day this week and I left the umbrella open ... the table didn't move but the pole got a little bent on the umbrella. I think it is much better than the plastic table we had before. :)

Tyler Howell
04-30-2004, 1:55 PM
Scary Avatar there Kenn, Great web sight! Oh yea nice table too.:cool:
Another pix of the top please! We will gladly accept a detailed copy of your winged plans. Like it!;)

larry merlau
04-30-2004, 1:56 PM
have built onemany years ago, and very similar but your idea of having the open seating is great. and bythe way its still being used, and its around 15 years old and its only light on hot summer days:) ;)