PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat Early Christmas

John Hixon
08-03-2008, 9:56 PM
OK, I've been working on the stairs for my brother-in-law for most of the summer and with a new job, I wouldn't charge him by the hour for the end of the stair work. I learned a lot and they are turning out great. (Yeah, we already went around the code issues.)
A little picture of the stairs...
Soo, yesterday we were at the Orange BORG and we see the price on the Makita 1013FL has gone down $100, to $399 and I am sorely tempted, but I resist. Well, today he buys the saw and gives it to me. I really like it, just could have used it sooner on the project.

Slop in the rails?? Cut across 12" boards, straight as can be and square when corrected factory adjustment.

Laser?? yep, a bit hard to adjust, but has been said, absolute precision requires cutting up to the line, the laser will get you close, and most times that is just fine.

Stock blade was cutting 1/4 plywood flooring, smooth as baby's behind and cut 15/16 red oak just as well.

Bottom Line::D

Ken Fitzgerald
08-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Congrats John....on the the saw and the BIL!

Dewey Torres
08-04-2008, 1:27 AM
You got a great price on the saw. I am sure you will like it.

eric auer
08-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Youre a lucky man, Nice relatives and now tools too :)

Ben Martin
08-04-2008, 1:41 PM
I have had mine for about a year now, I love the thing and I don't see myself replacing it anytime soon, hopefully never. Yes, the laser is a pain to adjust, but once you figure it out, it isn't so bad. Best part is that the stock blade is pretty darn good, no need to replace it. Congratulations, I am sure you will be happy.