PDA

View Full Version : Is this Leitz 24t ripper any good?

Brian Smith3
08-03-2008, 9:55 PM
This is the blade that came with my saw when I bought it and can't find any information on it, I've only used Forrest, Freud, and more recently Ridge.

It's says Leitz Carbide Sawblade ATB/TC 10" x .125" x 5/8" 24t. Obviously a thin kerf rip blade, but I'm sending my Ridge back for sharpening and wanted to know if it's worth it to send this one back too. I have an $8 thin kerf ripper already but it pretty much sucks, so if this is better I'll keep it, right now it's really dullllll.

Anyone know the value/quality on this? Thanks guys.

Jim Becker
08-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm not familiar with that specific blade, but Leitz has a decent reputation based on others' comments over time.

Bruce Wrenn
08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
This is the blade that came with my saw when I bought it and can't find any information on it, I've only used Forrest, Freud, and more recently Ridge.

It's says Leitz Carbide Sawblade ATB/TC 10" x .125" x 5/8" 24t. Obviously a thin kerf rip blade, but I'm sending my Ridge back for sharpening and wanted to know if it's worth it to send this one back too. I have an $8 thin kerf ripper already but it pretty much sucks, so if this is better I'll keep it, right now it's really dullllll.

Anyone know the value/quality on this? Thanks guys.Mike Jackson got rid of a lot of surplus blades for Leitz on another forum. Some were the 24 tooth ripping blades. All seemed very pleased with their purchases, and many place multiple orders. I ordered four different blades, but not a ripper. With a .125 kerf, it isn't a thin kerf, but a full kerf blade. Well worth the price of sharpening.

Brian Smith3
08-04-2008, 1:47 AM
Mike Jackson got rid of a lot of surplus blades for Leitz on another forum. Some were the 24 tooth ripping blades. All seemed very pleased with their purchases, and many place multiple orders. I ordered four different blades, but not a ripper. With a .125 kerf, it isn't a thin kerf, but a full kerf blade. Well worth the price of sharpening.

Well when I divided 3/32 the first time it came out to .125.... obviously :rolleyes:. OK so I'll send it off to sharpening. Thanks so much for the advice Bruce and Jim, you guys rock.

Steve Clardy
08-04-2008, 11:33 AM
Mike Jackson got rid of a lot of surplus blades for Leitz on another forum. Some were the 24 tooth ripping blades. All seemed very pleased with their purchases, and many place multiple orders. I ordered four different blades, but not a ripper. With a .125 kerf, it isn't a thin kerf, but a full kerf blade. Well worth the price of sharpening.

I bought a box of 10 from Mike. Great price.

Well when I divided 3/32 the first time it came out to .125.... obviously :rolleyes:. OK so I'll send it off to sharpening. Thanks so much for the advice Bruce and Jim, you guys rock.

Yes. Its worth the sharpening cost.

scott spencer
08-04-2008, 11:52 AM
There are German made Leitz blades that are darn good, and there are some Asian made like the stock blade on the 22124 that's ok but not as good as the German made blades. I bought several 24T FTG thin kerf rip blades from Mike Jackson that were really good rippers....not sure about an ATB/TC grind...