PDA

View Full Version : Giving everyone fair warning

Mark Rios
08-03-2008, 2:17 PM
On Friday, August 8th, there will be an event that has the potential to destroy California and, with it, change the economics of our country and the world.

I urge all of you to make your plans now to be as far away from CA as you possibly can.

For you see, on that fateful night, two of the absolute most suckiest football teams in recent history, the 49ers and Raiders, will play against each other. They SUCK so absolutely horribly that when they play, there is the distinct probably that they will create anti-matter and blow up and destroy California.

You have been warned.

God speed to all of us.

Al Wasser
08-03-2008, 2:53 PM
Sounds like you don't think either of them is capable of winning!

Mitchell Andrus
08-03-2008, 3:30 PM
Not a problem, I'll be watching the Olympics from NJ. California can slide into the Pacific for all I care.

jerry nazard
08-03-2008, 4:00 PM
Mark,

You may well be right, but at halftime John Madden will be giving away free popcorn poppers....(:>

-Jerry

Greg Peterson
08-03-2008, 4:34 PM
Well, two great things will occur as a result of the implosion.

1. We'll be rid of those two franchises.

2. Oregon and Washington property values should increase dramatically!

I'm going to watch a 'few' minutes of teh HOF game tonight. It barely qualifies as football, but I do consider it a step above arena football.

Go Pack Go.

David G Baker
08-03-2008, 4:49 PM
Having lived in California for over 40 years and covering the two teams in their better days for a local TV station I am amazed at how far some franchises can fall. I gave up on the Raiders when they went South and stopped following the 49ers after Walsh retired.
I now live in Michigan but stopped following most sports. I will admit that I watched the last few minutes of the Stanley Cup.

Chris Padilla
08-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Not a problem, I'll be watching the Olympics from NJ. California can slide into the Pacific for all I care.

Gee, now I feel the same way about NJ!! ;)

Joe Pelonio
08-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Having lived in California for over 40 years and covering the two teams in their better days for a local TV station I am amazed at how far some franchises can fall. I gave up on the Raiders when they went South and stopped following the 49ers after Walsh retired.
I now live in Michigan but stopped following most sports. I will admit that I watched the last few minutes of the Stanley Cup.

We seem to have parallel lives, I could have made this exact statement except WA instead of MI and I never covered teams for the media, just a fan.
I was in the bay area almost exactly 40 years.

We actually watch a lot of CBC on TV, and I have actually watched Curling though I still have not figured out the rules. Have been to Tim Horton's too!

Greg Peterson
08-05-2008, 1:19 PM
Gee, now I feel the same way about NJ!! ;)

That's just the East Coast sports bias talking. Most of 'em suffer from West Coast Envy!

Ken Garlock
08-05-2008, 1:35 PM
here I thought the state assembly was going to do something intelligent for the first time.:D

David G Baker
08-05-2008, 1:44 PM
Joe,
I was employed by the alphabet network and now watch CBS local news and most of their programing because the other affiliates in Michigan are so inferior to CBS in many ways. I did make the switch back to ABC network news when CBS hired Katie.
Haven't been to Tim Horton's yet and I do watch curling on occasion but don't care about the rules, just the moving of the granite.
WA is on my list to visit the next time we go to Sitka, Alaska to visit the LOML's daughter. A couple from my Army days in Germany live there now, haven't seen them since 1965 when I left Germany to finish out my tour at Fort Ord. Missed Nam due to enlisting in 1963 for 3 years.

Rich Engelhardt
08-05-2008, 4:12 PM
Hello,

On Friday, August 8th, there will be an event that has the potential to destroy California and, with it, change the economics of our country and the world.
Wow!
That would be the day of my 38th anniversary to the anti-Christ - aka my ex-wife.
Yep - day of infamy.

Re: the 49ers. IIRC, pre Walsh they were so bad one of the players was filmed eating a hot dog - on the bench - during a game:eek:

Joe Pelonio
08-05-2008, 4:25 PM
Joe,
I was employed by the alphabet network and now watch CBS local news and most of their programing because the other affiliates in Michigan are so inferior to CBS in many ways. I did make the switch back to ABC network news when CBS hired Katie.
Haven't been to Tim Horton's yet and I do watch curling on occasion but don't care about the rules, just the moving of the granite.
WA is on my list to visit the next time we go to Sitka, Alaska to visit the LOML's daughter. A couple from my Army days in Germany live there now, haven't seen them since 1965 when I left Germany to finish out my tour at Fort Ord. Missed Nam due to enlisting in 1963 for 3 years.
I was on a student deferment until they went to the lottery numbers and I got a high one that was never reached so I stayed in college.

We find the CBC news interesting, though it's all about the BC area, but we also (still) read the newspaper. We are most likely to watch the Olympics on CBC also.

Before gas got so high we'd often drive the 3 hours to Vancouver, BC, and the first Tim's we passed we stopped at for lunch, and at the time from the CBC commercials didn't realize it was a donut shop.:confused: